jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (13 posts)

My Copied Hubs

1. rajan jolly profile image91
    rajan jollyposted 2 years ago

Well, just checked this morning and I have 41 copied hubs showing in my stats right now.

I'm just wondering with hardly any time to write hub & none really to slap a DMCA complaint, I wonder whom I contact, as some do not even have adsense ads showing.

Any ideas how to go about getting them off the sites?

1. MarleneB profile image99
      MarleneBposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I feel your frustration, Rajan. A lot of my hubs have been copied, too. In most cases, to thwart it, anything you do will be futile. If I can find contact information of the author, I make one attempt to contact them to have the copied content taken down. I have only been successful with that one time. Most copy thieves really don't care about the fact that they are stealing. Most of the time, the thieves do not leave a way to be contacted. I try to find out who is hosting their blog or website. And, for instance, if their blog is a Blogger account, I go directly to Google and file a complaint. I have been successful with that. Or, if their website is hosted by a reliable company like Weebly, I have had success with that. The truth is, I don't spend a lot of time with this issue because in the majority of cases, I don't have success fighting with thieves. I've settled my mind to be less agitated by it all because bad people exist in the world and I don't want to spend all of my time dealing with them. With 41 copied hubs, Rajan, you have your work cut out.

rajan jollyposted 2 years agoin reply to this

It sure is a tough job Marlene and I have half a mind not to go ahead.

2. makingamark profile image64
    makingamarkposted 2 years ago

What do you mean by "copied hubs" Rajan?

How do they actually show up in your stats - and which stats are you looking at?

They show up in your stats page. Hubpages marks these hubs with a red copyright icon.

3. tillsontitan profile image90
    tillsontitanposted 2 years ago

I have copied hubs too,not nearly as many as you do, but all the same they are copied from start to finish.  I wrote to the sites and to DMCA with no results so I just let them be.  I didn't know what else to do.  It doesn't seem to be hurting things.

1. mary615 profile image96
      mary615posted 2 years agoin reply to this

I have to agree.  I just don't have the time to try and track them down.  I had one that I did battle with, though.  My Hub was copied, including my original photos!  This was found on a blog.  It took me almost two months to finally get the writer to remove it.

1. tillsontitan profile image90
        tillsontitanposted 2 years agoin reply to this

The first time it happened to me, years ago, I was able to get it removed, this time....no luck so I just gave up.

2. rajan jolly profile image91

Mary, I wish I had time to pursue these thieves. I think I'll try to do what chef-de-jour says - to file DMCA for hubs on whom I have lost high traffic first.

2. rajan jolly profile image91

I did get a few copied ones removed earlier on when I had some time on hand filing with Google straight. I'll try filing with Google on priority basis, as chef-de-jour says, maybe one a day or as time permits.
      Traffic loss is a certainty if a hub is copied.

4. chef-de-jour profile image97
    chef-de-jourposted 2 years ago

If they're all copied you've got your work cut out to file a DMCA for each one, especially as you say you don't have time. In that case, I'd try and prioritise - if some of your hubs are really suffering traffic-wise then I'd file a DMCA (via Google, not a difficult process) for those specific sites. Not sure of the link at this moment but you can find it easy enough with a brief search of forums.

It's good for morale if you can chase these sites up and get the stolen copy taken down.

I wish you well.

If it makes you feel better, I had a hub of mine copied on an international EFL site. I emailed the person in charge of that site and they said they would chase it up. The article was taken down. Two months later it happened again!

I went to Weebly - who powered their site - and filled in an abuse form. My article is no longer on there, in fact I can't find the site anymore when I Google their name!

1. chef-de-jour profile image97
      chef-de-jourposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Go to whois and follow through to get the nameserver; get to raw registrar data and you'll see an email of the host starting abuse@................ send an email and make sure you threaten to take strict action if your articles are not taken down.

thanks for these details chef-de-jour.

working