jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

What will happen to my Hubpages account if I deactivate my mail-id?

1. ashishnikumbh profile image74
    ashishnikumbhposted 2 years ago

Hello fellow hubbers,

I am fairly new to Hubpages. I have created this account using a mail-id that I want to deactivate now. I have now linked my Facebook account with Hubpages. My question is, if I deactivate my email account (with which I registered on HubPages), will I lose access to my account even if my Facebook account remain activated? Or will I be still able to access my account on HubPages by signing in with Facebook?

Waiting for your answers.

Thank You!

1. tsmog profile image83
      tsmogposted 2 years agoin reply to this

GOTO your profile then Account Settings. There you will see a window for your email. It will show your present email address and can be changed. It will state it has been verified, so I would think if changed it will have to go through a verification process.

Unsure of an email address being a requirement. I simply do not remember.  Also, I am unsure about signing into your account using Facebook.

UPDATE I just signed off and easily signed in using the Facebook option. So, one would think that option is available. Again, I cannot remember if an Active Email Address is a requirement for a HubPages account.

ashishnikumbhposted 2 years agoin reply to this

That was helpful. Thank you so much for replying.

2. relache profile image89
    relacheposted 2 years ago

Without a valid email account associated with your Hub account you can not receive payments or notices direct from HubPages that your account may have a problem.

Accounts where admin cannot contact the owner and there is no user activity for a year may now be entirely unpublished by admin.  This is a new feature added over this last year.

ashishnikumbhposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Relache for answering. Well I mitigated all risks by changing my email id altogether. I am still learning the trades here. smile

working