FIXED: Hubpages DMCA database

1. Misfit Chick profile image72
    Misfit Chickposted 2 years ago

I have a hub that was stolen. I never check for stuff like that - but HP does; and they told me about it months ago. Along with this blurb: Unfortunately, we do not yet have DMCA information stored for encyclopedial.com. If you are able to locate a DMCA instructions URL or an email contact for that site please let us know, we will add them to our database.

Shortly after learning about this; I did a LITTLE bit of research, found the business origin - AND informed HP as was suggested above:

Team HubPages
    to:    MisfitChick / Catherine
    date:    Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 11:51 AM
    subject:    Re: Copyright Infringement [#diTra]
    Thank you. That information has been added to our DMCA contact database.
    Regards,
    Someone @ Team HubPages

And yet, I just received another warning via the 2nd check that my content has not been removed (yes, I sent the site the suggested letter); along with this warning AGAIN: Unfortunately, we do not yet have DMCA information stored for encyclopedial.com. If you are able to locate a DMCA instructions URL or an email contact for that site please let us know, we will add them to our database.

What gives, HP? Is this database active/being added to or what?

1. Matthew Meyer profile image75
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years agoin reply to this

It was added to the database, but it appears that the message will not match if the case of the website is not the same. I changed the database to lowercase so hopefully that should match now.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image100
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 2 years agoin reply to this

They stole one of mine also last week.  I sent them a DMCA notice and they responded by telling me the plagiarized article had been removed within 24 hours.  I checked, and sure enough it had.  I notified the team that this happened and the copyright notice was removed.

Closed to reply

working