jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Crispy Baked Falafel

1. Maya Shedd Temple profile image88
    Maya Shedd Templeposted 22 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I cannot understand how this recipe "Crispy Baked Falafel" article fails while my "Avocado Breakfast Sandwich" passes.  What is the difference between them?

Hub Friends, will you please give feedback on my Hub Crispy Baked Falafel.

Do you detect how one has a problem but the other one does not?

Thanks,
    Linda Sue Grimes (Maya Shedd Temple)

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 22 months ago in reply to this

Hi Maya,

I recommend adding content: Hubs should be at least 800-1,500 words each. What do you like about this recipe? What makes it special? Is it vegan, healthy, gluten-free? Talk about what makes it unique. How many times have you made it? Is it a family favorite?

I suspect the promotion of your cookbook is also causing issues. Remove it and your Hub should have an easier time passing.

Maya Shedd Templeposted 22 months ago in reply to this

Thank you, Christy.  The recipe finally got passed.  Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving!

2. blueheron profile image96
    blueheronposted 22 months ago

I just had the same problem with a recipe hub, when I have never had problems with recipe hubs in the past. I suspect that our admins are feeling unfriendly to recipe hubs. They generally don't have a lot of traffic, tending to be a losing deal for the hubber--unless they have some special angle or niche appeal. My only recipe hub that does well is the one about Indian Tacos, fry bread, and wojapi. The one about brie en croute is picking up a little, due to its holiday appeal. Most of the year it languishes in obscurity. The recent on on Mexican posole was finally featured, but I'm thinking it needs some SEO. Otherwise it too will languish.

Maya Shedd Templeposted 22 months ago in reply to this

Thank you, blue heron, some definite ideas I'll consider going forward.

working