jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Links in our hubs

1. Beaddoodler profile image77
    Beaddoodlerposted 24 months ago

I know the rules are here somewhere, but since everything's been rearranged I can't find anything.  Am I allowed to put links to my blog in my articles?  Am I allowed to put links to other sites in my articles. Of course in both cases they would be relevant to the article.

1. Tinsky profile image95
      Tinskyposted 24 months agoin reply to this

I'd be interested in hearing an update on this topic as well.  I link to both pages outside of Hubpages and to other people's hubs. The external links tend to be relevant to the topic and may be a source used in researching the topic which is referenced in the article. I'd be interested in knowing whether there is a cap on how many quality external links we can add. I included two external links (no affiliation) to an article published two days ago. There doesn't appear to be any negative feedback from their inclusion as yet.

2. paradigmsearch profile image93
    paradigmsearchposted 24 months ago

HP is continually becoming a more and more unhappy camper about that sort of thing. I think it's at the point where any link to outside HubPages causes a negative HP response. I don't really know anymore...

Beaddoodlerposted 24 months agoin reply to this

I know, paradigmsearch. I've gottne to the point I question everything I do on Hub Pages and usually just  chuck the article and quit.

3. NateB11 profile image96
    NateB11posted 24 months ago

You can have 2 links to an outside domain.

Thank you NateB11.

1. NateB11 profile image96
        NateB11posted 24 months agoin reply to this

No problem.

4. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 24 months ago

More specifically, you can have many links as you like if they are relevant, but no more than two to the same domain.

Thank you.  This is the kind of answer I like. Short, sweet and complete. I really need to get in here and write more and do more research in the tutorials.

5. Marisa Wright profile image97
    Marisa Wrightposted 24 months ago

Yes, HubPages is fussy about adding links to other domains - but not as fussy as some people seem to think.

The important thing is that links must be relevant to the main subject of the Hub.  If they meet that test, then it's very likely it will be acceptable. 

Where people go wrong is that they think if they mention something in the text, it must be OK to link to a product or site related to it.  It is, but ONLY if the product or site is related to the main subject. 

So for instance you might write a Hub about white swans.  Links to products or sites about white swans - acceptable.  Links to products or site about black swans - not acceptable, even if you mention them in the text.

Thank you.  Your answer is very informative and touches on some other questions I may have had later on.

working