jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (10 posts)

Struggling Neophyte

1. Raymand Gadores profile image59
    Raymand Gadoresposted 17 months ago

Hi I am just new here in Hubpages and I would like to ask for guidance and help in my venture. I've just published my first hub a while ago. I have also activated my Paypal account. However, I did not yet apply for GoogleAdSense for I've read that it is better to make several hubs first before applying. What will I do next? Thanks for the response! smile

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image92
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 17 months ago in reply to this

Write as many quality, searchable articles as you can, get them featured and then apply for Google Adsense.  I believe you need 10 before you can apply.

If you want to get featured, you need to follow the guidelines in the Learning Center.  You can find it by clicking "help" in the upper right hand corner on the forums.  Lots of good info there.

Raymand Gadoresposted 17 months ago in reply to this

For Instance, I wrote 5 articles and 2 of them are featured what will happen to the other 3? and what is that follow and follower thing? Thank you .

The other three will remain unfeatured until you update them.  They will not be indexed by the search engines, but you will still be able to earn a bit from social networking sites if you use them.

I strongly suggest looking at articles written by other people that have been featured so that you can see how they use layouts, photos, capsules and the number of words.  Each person has his own style, but the basics pretty much remain the same.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image92

Don't worry about following, etc.  It won't make any difference in your page views.  If someone likes your work, they'll automatically follow you.  You can do the same for articles you like, as well.  Right now, though, I'd concentrate on writing hubs that get featured and that people read.

Thank you so much. Also, I like your articles about RV sir.

Thanks.  I've been writing here for years and, by the way, I'm a lady!

I just checked your profile and see no featured articles at all.  If they don't show up there, they are not featured.

Oh, sorry for that ma'am:) . I am just starting here and hopefully I can hone my writing skills on this site.

2. Jesse Drzal profile image87
    Jesse Drzalposted 17 months ago

Thank you Sir.

working