jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

My 1st hub.Feedback Required. Antarctica: A continent yet unexplored.

1. Absolutelyfrank profile image71
    Absolutelyfrankposted 16 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

Just like you went through the process of writing your first hub, this is that moment for me.
    In spite of following all QA requirements, I can't seem to get my hub published and its bringing down my confidence on moving on to my new hub.

Appreciate your help in reviewing my hub and provide feedback to get it published.
    http://hubpages.com/travel/Antarctica-A … unexplored

Thanks in Advance,
    Deb

1. theraggededge profile image97
      theraggededgeposted 16 months agoin reply to this

Change your title so it is in title case. Antarctica: A Continent Yet Unexplored. Lose the period/full stop.

Your introduction is 'childlike' and your English is not quite up to Hubpages standards. Find someone who can read through and make some suggestions to improve your grammar.

Do you have permission to use those images? Do they have a CC (Creative Commons) license?

'Things to Do'? In the Antarctic? So have you actually been there? Your article sounds like you have. If so, give a proper account of the difficulties of getting there, the ordeals encountered and the problems that need to be overcome.

"From the beautiful penguins which have been made popular through its adaptations in different streams of media..." Do you mean movies and documentaries, or are you referring to the penguins' habitats? You need to make your writing clear.

Grad kids - should be grandkids, or better, grandchildren.

Your hub is well laid out and the images are nice (as long as they are free for you to use - you can't just take them from Google images). How about some  more photos of where travelers can stay?

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/contents

2. Absolutelyfrank profile image71
    Absolutelyfrankposted 16 months ago

Hi Bev,

Thanks for your reply. Your points make a lot more sense to me now.
    However the pictures are from Wikimedia Commons with source mentioned as well.
    Will that be a problem as well?

1. theraggededge profile image97
      theraggededgeposted 16 months agoin reply to this

No, that's fine. Not sure if you should add the license details in the attribution - CC.BY.2.0 That shows everyone, including the people approving your hub that the image is being used legally.

Hope it gets approved soon smile

working