jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Traffic Downturn During Olympics

1. agilitymach profile image97
    agilitymachposted 13 months ago

I seem to remember the last Olympics noticing a significant downturn in traffic.  For those longtime hubbers, doesn't traffic drop during the Olympics?

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 13 months ago in reply to this

Not here.  The weekend was perhaps up a touch, but definitely not down.

2. Solaras profile image92
      Solarasposted 13 months ago in reply to this

School is starting back up - people are getting their kids ready, buying clothes and school crap.  That always impacts my earnings.  July and August usually blow for me.

2. hauerpower profile image61
    hauerpowerposted 13 months ago

I think that the holidays are a time that people travel a lot , and generally spend less time on the internet / actively working .

3. Chriswillman90 profile image92
    Chriswillman90posted 13 months ago

Yeah August is going to suck. July was still great because of an amazing 10 day stretch but I don't see that this month. I'm just looking forward to September-December where CPM and traffic normally spike up.

4. agilitymach profile image97
    agilitymachposted 13 months ago

I'm not seeing a "seasonal" summer drop as my traffic has been great right up until the Olympics started.  As I write about a sport, I suspect all of my sports-crazed readers are watching the Olympics.  It's been a bit odd.  My Google traffic has actually increased.  It's my Facebook traffic, which is my biggest traffic source by FAR, that has plummeted.  I wonder if FB sees a decline in users during the Olympics.

working