jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (20 posts)

How Do I Make A Link To A Website On My Profile

1. profile image49
    badcompany99posted 8 years ago

Ok I have noticed a few people have a light blue lettered link on their profiles that takes you either to their website or a few of their fav hubs. Could someone kindly tell me how to do this, thank you.

1. R. Blue profile image56
      R. Blueposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I'm glad you spoke up BC...and looked like the dummy!!!  I've been wondering as well but don't tell anyone....shhhhh.  And thanks Misha...a guy who knows the ropes.....and BC...you actually work???

2. profile image46
      ladyvenusposted 8 years agoin reply to this

That blue lettered that's what you call hyperlink. Maybe that's what you have to learn its on the technical side of computer. Just wait and some of our computer technician here will help you soon. Wink*. A little example is this you can download free photos from www.sxc.com ( see the blue link to that website)

2. Misha profile image76
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

There is a button for that, when you edit your profile text smile

1. profile image49
      badcompany99posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Any idea which one mate ?

3. Misha profile image76
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

With a chain link smile You highlight the piece of text you want to become a link, press chain link, and copy URL into popup window... smile

1. profile image49

Cheers will do it when I get home from work, thanks Misha.

4. cindyvine profile image88
    cindyvineposted 8 years ago

Thanks Misha will give it a try and thanks BC for asking as I was also wondering

5. Misha profile image76
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

yw smile

1. alekhouse profile image82
      alekhouseposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I tried this, exactly as you said, but it wont got to the URL I put in. I tried it with my website and also with one of my blogs. Are we not supposed to go to our own sites?

6. profile image49

Its called tea and lunchbreaks in the UK big boy, what do they call it where you live ?

1. R. Blue profile image56
      R. Blueposted 8 years agoin reply to this

It's called...I'm the Boss....and do as I bloody well please!! or something like that....got that mic yet?  Bp was asking for you last night.

1. profile image49

Told BP today I am getting it in town on Sat morning so will be all hooked up for Sat night onwards !

7. profile image49

Oh and got it worked out Lady Venus but thank you.

1. profile image46
      ladyvenusposted 8 years agoin reply to this

smile

8. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 8 years ago

Finally, I found the answer, and it was exactly what I thought it was, it just doesn't work for me.  I'll keep trying!

Highlight the text, click on the chain, add url and the words I typed should turn blue, instead I get a link at the bottom of my hub...hmmmm

9. alekhouse profile image82
    alekhouseposted 8 years ago

Just tried it again. When I click on the link, it says "sorry, that page does not exist" What's that all about?

1. alekhouse profile image82
      alekhouseposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Fooled around with it and FINALLY GOT IT!

1. Jane@CM profile image60
        Jane@CMposted 8 years agoin reply to this

What did you do different that it finally worked?

10. profile image0
    sbeakrposted 8 years ago

Very helpful!  I just used this little tidbit after tripping over the thread in the Forums!  Thanks to both asker and answerer!  Cheers...

working