jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: L2 Pronunciation Acquisition

1. Diana Clavijo profile image68
    Diana Clavijoposted 10 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub L2 Pronunciation Acquisition (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

2. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 10 months ago

You need to open by briefly saying L2 is part of [some pedagogy] that teaches [certain students] [certain skills] and is used in [certain schools] in [certain countries].

Diana Clavijoposted 10 months agoin reply to this

Ill make those changes right away, I guess I have to learn so much yet... Thanks

3. melbel profile image98
    melbelposted 10 months ago

Oh! This article has a lot of potential.

First off, define what L2 is.

Use images that really describe what your article is about and choose vivid, non-stock photo type images. For example, your first image is small and looks very stock photo-ish. Try to find something that better fits your article and choose something full size.

Your introduction, and other parts of your hub, look like a big wall of text. Try breaking it up into multiple capsules and use more images to bring color and vibrancy to your hub so readers can get through the bigger chunks of text one bite at a time.

Honestly, I could see you break up this hub into multiple hubs. For example, if you expanded on the controversies section, that could be a hub all of its own.

In short, break up walls of text, add more media to make the hub appear more rich and vibrant.

Thank you. It's my first time here and I appreciate your help....

4. theraggededge profile image100
    theraggededgeposted 10 months ago

The problem as I see it is that it is written in the style of a term paper or dissertation. Very specialized. I have to admit I had no idea what you were referring to with L2. HubPages is a magazine-style site so you need to keep that in mind with your introduction.

Having said that, having a niche is a good idea. Perhaps you should use your expertise to offer a series of hubs in this area of teaching?

The format of your article is too 'blocky'. Remember that most people are accessing the web on their phones and tablets these days. Faced with a large block of text will get them pressing the back button almost immediately. So shorter sentences, paragraphs and text capsules will help the eye move down the page. Think about your subject - small bites of language teaching are more efficient than overfacing the student in the first lesson, yes? Same with hubs.

Good luck.

Thank you.

working