Pinning Hubs on Russian and Chinese Pinterest Clone Sites

1. eugbug profile image95
    eugbugposted 8 months ago

Has anyone explored this and had any results? Many of these sites are geared towards ecommerce but also seem to have a lot of craft and fashion stuff pinned on them. Anyway I setup an account on Pinme.ru, managing to overcome the language barrier by using a page translate website (iTools.com) plus the real time camera option of the translate app on my smartphone. (You can of course use the translate facility in Chrome or a translate add on for Firefox). I pinned two hubs and added some Russian keywords. Haven't had any visits yet though.
    Maybe this could be an option for sharing self explanatory tutorial type hubs with lots of photos where the accompanying English text is superfluous?
    Could this be a way of tapping into the market of Internet users who don't look to foreign media, and prefer homegrown websites for bookmarking?

1. Will Apse profile image88
      Will Apseposted 8 months ago in reply to this

You might get your pages copied from Estonia to Shanghai.

2. sallybea profile image98
      sallybeaposted 8 months ago in reply to this

The Russians are amazing crafts people and I love exploring their sites and also receive a decent amount of views back from there myself.  I love the instant translator and have made some useful contacts on all sorts of foreign language sites who share the same interests as me. Language barrier is not even there anymore if you have the ability to translate with the click of a button.  I think you are definitely onto something.

working