jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

Edibot and Stats

1. sallybea profile image96
    sallybeaposted 8 months ago

If an Editbot visits your pages are these visits included in our Stats.  I wonder if anyone else has seen a big increase in traffic since the stats page became inundated with little red exclamation marks?

1. CatherineGiordano profile image89
      CatherineGiordanoposted 8 months ago in reply to this

They make me hungry. They loo like green olives with pimento. At least that is what I am seeing. The green P with a red dot at the top right.

sallybeaposted 8 months ago in reply to this

That is it CatherineGiordano.  I wish I liked olives but I do like pimento:)

1. kenneth avery profile image79
          kenneth averyposted 8 months ago in reply to this

@sallybea: I must be in good shape for I wouldn't know when or if Editbot has or will ever visit my hubs. Maybe my works are too complex, huh?

Hi Kenneth, have you looked at your stats.  I am sure your hubs will have been visited by a 'bot'.  Look for the green button with a red exclamation mark on it.

1. kenneth avery profile image79
              kenneth averyposted 8 months ago in reply to this

@ sallybea, not lately, but now that I have read your post . . .see ya', girl. You rock! smile

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image91
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 8 months ago

I am pretty certain editbot visits are not included in the traffic stats. I've more than one which got an editbot visit and shows no traffic in the past two days.

That is reassuring, perhaps it was real traffic then:)

3. srsddn profile image89
    srsddnposted 8 months ago

I also think that Editbot does not have an impact on ststs of
    hubs but I also have observed some unusual increase in visits to quite a few Hubs.

That is good to know, especially the part about an increase in views to your Hubs.

working