jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Are my visits to my hubs (when signed in) counted as 'views'???

1. hinazille profile image83
    hinazilleposted 5 years ago

if yes, thats crazy! i go on the hubs to get the referral links via the 'Link to this Page' option...

1. profile image0
      summerberrieposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Try copy and paste into a word document and save in a file. This way you have all the URLs and you can share without re-opening your hub everytime.

hinazilleposted 5 years ago in reply to this

yeah i have the common ones aside, but i also go on the hubs to reread them to see if i can update with new information...

isnt counting your own views when signed in counterproductive? you dont need to know how many times you viewed your own hubs from your own account!

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 5 years ago

Signed in or not, your own visits counts as views on your own Hubs.

i really dont think this makes any sense... why would you need to know your own view count? the aim is to know how many external sources are visiting your hubs...

3. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 5 years ago

HubPages stats are very basic and meant to be so.  For more detailed stats, you are meant to use Analytics.

1. Dale Hyde profile image87
      Dale Hydeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Indeed...when you compare your HubPage stats to your Google Analytics stats, you will certainly see the difference.

4. luckykarma profile image60
    luckykarmaposted 5 years ago

Why is the list limited to choose your section to place a hub when you first start a new hub compared to opening up and seeing all the Topics.

What I mean is, there aren't as many topics to choose from when you into starting a new hub and I sometimes find it difficult to put what I'm writing into one of the headings??? Can anyone follow me?

i have that problem too sometimes - when this is the case, I put it under one of the broad headings, and leave the specifiying out.

working