I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub How To Be A Successful Freelance Writer (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!
As you are offering an article on writing, it has to be spot-on perfect in grammar and presentation. Here are the issues that I picked up and suggestions for correcting them.
1. Remove the bold. All of it.
2. Check your punctuation - you have extra spaces before commas, periods/full stops after question marks, and way too many exclamation marks!! See how unprofessional it looks.
3. Break your huge paragraphs into smaller ones and use several text capsules in order to introduce sub-headings. Make use of bullet points and/or numbering.
4. Check for random and unnecessary capitalization, such as "So, let me honestly tell you that is not True !!"
5. Copy your text into a free online app such as Hemingway to clean up your writing.
6. Think about the information you are offering. Could it be found on more authoritative websites? It all looks pretty generic to me. What original information could you add?
7. Your Amazon product is not specific to the hub, i.e. freelance writing. Add a product that you know well and have used yourself in your freelance writing career. It must be relevant to the topic.
8. Your image looks generic too, couldn't you find a decent one on Pixabay of someone actually writing and not staring at a screen in a vacuous way. Don't forget to credit the image.
I can't emphasize enough that anyone offering writing advice must be fluent in English, excellent at grammar and meticulous about proofreading. I am a freelance writer, but I would hesitate on offering writing advice just in case I got it wrong.
Hi Theraggededge. You must have posted your response as I was writing mine - Great minds think alike, huh? Lol - Anyway yours is greater as you have at least 8 pointers to my 6.
Thank you for your prompr reply. I appreciate every single advice you wrote on here. I will do my best to avoid them as much as possible in my next articles.
1, Fix all your grammar and punctuation errors.
2, Get rid of the bold text.
3. Remove the irrelevant Amazon capsule.
4. Indicate the source for the photo you used to show you obtained it legally.
5. Add more photos to make the page more visually attractive.
6. Break up the text into smaller paragraphs to make it more readable.
A relevant question that may come to your mind is how I became a freelance writer ? and how I made it as a carrier?.
Actually, no it doesn't come to my mind. What comes to my mind is that this person can't possibly make a "carrier" as a writer.
I didn't even read the article because it was immediately apparent that it was written all in bold in the sentences were not correctly punctuated.
Fix that first.
by Jamal Aidani 24 months ago
Hi Hubbers,I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub How To Be A Freelance Writer (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!
by rgardner74 7 years ago
How did you become a successful freelance writer and make good money at it?
by Earl Noah Bernsby 5 years ago
Hello everyone!I wanted to gauge the Community's opinion on this matter. If you consider yourself to be successful as a freelance writer (or are hoping to become successful as a freelancer), then please feel free to share your thoughts on whether or not you believe that it is necessary to...
by Frik Harmse 2 years ago
Hi Hubbers,I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Replacing the Tabata Protocol with....the Shortest Workout in the World." (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!
by Baisil 2 years ago
Hi Hubbers,I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Easy Method to Cure Canker Sore (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!
by ROY T JAMES 3 years ago
Hi Hubbers,I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Why do we do, what we do? (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!
Copyright © 2019 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|