I'd like feedback on my Hub: So You Want to Be a Firefighter? Part Four - The Hi

1. IFD1253 profile image80
    IFD1253posted 10 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub So You Want to Be a Firefighter? Part Four - The Hiring Process. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

Truthfully, I received a message saying this hub had been removed from the featured status.  I went back through it and corrected maybe ten grammatical errors in roughly 3,000 words.  It is on a topic on which there is great interest and, most importantly, it may help someone gain a career.  I'm not in this for glory or money.  I don't push these articles.  They are there to help young people decide if they want to become firefighters and provide tips on how to make that happen.

1. SakinaNasir53 profile image99
      SakinaNasir53posted 10 months agoin reply to this

Hi IFD1253! ☺

I suggest the following points:

1. Break your hub under bullets and numbering to give your hub a neater look and make it easily scannable. There are some parts where it is like a huge chunk of text.

2. Add the source name or URL of the images that you have included. Make sure they are in the public domain (copyright free). Pixabay, Pexels.com and Morguefile.com are great to use. Flickr is great too. You can check out Marisa Wright's hub on how to use Flickr properly.

3. Add an appropriate video if possible.

4. The link referring the important questions about fire-fighting might not be allowing your hub to get featured. Remove the link and just write, "You can check out my hub ------ for more information."
      I hope this helps. Good luck!

2. DrMark1961 profile image100
      DrMark1961posted 10 months agoin reply to this

I see that this has already passed the QAP, but you still are not going to get many readers. You may not be in this for the glory or the money, but if no one ever finds and read your hubs then you are not helping any young people thinking about this as a career.
      First, look at your title. Do you really think anyone is going to type in "So you want to become a firefighter-part four"? I do not think so. How about "How to get hired as a fireman"?
      Next, the text is in huge chuncks that are unlikely to be read. As Sakina points out, you should reformat your writing so that the information is more readable, like in bullet points. "The Physical Test", "The Written Exam", etc. should all be under callout capsules so that the hub is more readable.
      Make your images full width.
      The information you have put down here is valuable, so if it is presented better it is going to be shared and linked to by other blogs about firefighting. You may not care about the number of readers, but if your goal is to help people interested in this career you should be pleased to get more page views.

working