jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

unable to change email address

1. bizchickblogs profile image90
    bizchickblogsposted 9 months ago

The email address associated with my hubpages account is no longer valid and I can't access it. I can log in, publish hubs and update my account just fine. But I can't change the password or update the email address. The email address no longer exists. How do I get some help with this?

2. UnnamedHarald profile image99
    UnnamedHaraldposted 9 months ago

Is it because when you go to My Account > Profile > Account Settings and change your email address, HubPages sends an email to your old address? If so and since you no longer have access to that email address, you can't verify it. If that's the case, someone at HubPages will have to step in I think.

To send an email to them, click on Contact US at the bottom of the page, then start filling out the form that starts in the middle of the page (#1). Select Other. Click Continue. That will take you to an email form for you to describe your problem (you will have to supply a different email address than the one HubPages knows about).

Good luck

1. bizchickblogs profile image90
      bizchickblogsposted 9 months agoin reply to this

Thank you! Hubpages support team got back to me and then tried to change it themselves, and could not. The engineering team discovered there is a site-wide issue preventing people from updating profiles (or at least there was yesterday). So I've been advised to try again today.

1. Matt Wells profile image
        Matt Wellsposted 9 months agoin reply to this

Thanks bizchickblogs, this issue has been reported to the engineers and they are currently working on a fix.

working