jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (21 posts)

Can I have two Hub Pages accounts under the same email address?

1. snakeslane profile image81
    snakeslaneposted 5 years ago

I was hoping to open a second Hub Pages account for "other" writings. I have tried to do this, but getting a message that I need to use a different email account. Is there any way to open a second Hub Pages account under the same email address? Thanks.

1. AEvans profile image69
      AEvansposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I have two accounts and you have to have a separate e-mail address for each one. Wish it could be possible but as far as I know it cannot. smile

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83
        Uninvited Writerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Being able to use the same email address for multiple accounts would open the floodgate to spammers.

2. profile image0
      Aunt Mollieposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I'm new, too.  My question about having 2 accounts is:  What happens when you want to get paid on PayPal and it only recognizes one email address?

You can use the same paypal address for both.

1. profile image0
          Aunt Mollieposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Cool!  Thanks for the information. 

I notice that you do a great deal of writing.  Do you happen to have a favorite divorce quotation - one that you have written or one that is famous?  If so, would you please include it in the comments on:
          <snipped link - do not promote your Hubs in the forums>

It's a new hub and I really want other hubbers to add to this collection.

Thanks.

2. snakeslane profile image81

Thank you for quick reply. I wish it could be simple too.

1. AEvans profile image69
      AEvansposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I agree. smile

3. snakeslane profile image81

ok Thank you Uninvited Writer. I'm thinking I should start a new thread and ask a totally different question now that I know that.

4. snakeslane profile image81

I am embarrased to say I don't know how or where to set up a new email account.

Go to gmail. If you have one account you can send yourself an invite, if not I think it'll let you create an account.

5. snakeslane profile image81

Wow, that simple? I will try that now. Thank you very much. Have a great day.

6. snakeslane profile image81

Thanks again Uninvited writer, I did exactly as you suggested and everything just fell in to place. The new profile has published and all is right with my world. I'm so relieved.

7. cashmere profile image80
    cashmereposted 5 years ago

You need a different email id for each hubpage account.
    You can make free email ids on Gmail, Yahoo, and Rediff
    Then use the settings in the new email id to forward all the mails to your original email id.
    That way you will get all the emails on your original email id and not have to access two email ids.

1. lobobrandon profile image84
      lobobrandonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hmmm good pt I could use that

2. profile image0
      Baileybearposted 5 years agoin reply to this

didn't know that. Can one reply via one account too?

You can set Gmail up so that you can answer using each email address from the one account.

snakeslaneposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I am back with more questions. I did open a new profile under a new email account so that's all good. And I did publish two hubs so far under that new profile, but I am really worried now because the Hub score on the profile is now at 21 and dropping fast! So not sure why that is happening. I did not sign up for adsense with the new profile because I am already signed up with this one. I wonder if that is why my hubber score is so low? Also the new published Hubs under the new profile are poems written by my late father and published now by me as a tribute, haven't been published before so not a duplicate content question but maybe because it's not my own original work it is not acceptable? I haven't received any notification yet about this but it is still early Monday morning, so could happen. Any ideas? I'm in a bit of a panic over the low starting Hubber score, is there a cutoff where they just remove you for that?

It takes time, new accounts do that. It will start coming up once you get some traffic.

snakeslaneposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for replying again Uninvited Writer, you are so invited! When I opened my first Hub profile the score started at 48 or something. Seeing 21 was a big shock!

8. snakeslane profile image81

Thank you cashmere, that is a good tip too, forwarding one to the other, awesome!

working