jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (10 posts)

Quick Access to Highest-Earning Pages/Products

1. Swisstoons profile image79
    Swisstoonsposted 7 months ago

It would be helpful if, when we go to the Earnings pages,we could click on highest earnings days and see immediately which item, or item, earned the big bucks.  That way, we would get a better idea of which pages are worth promoting.

1. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 7 months ago in reply to this

You can click on the page views at the top of the My Account page to sort by traffic, which is a fairly good indicator of which hubs are doing well.

Swisstoonsposted 7 months ago in reply to this

That's not really what I'm after, though.  A hub can be doing poorly overall as far as views go...but an amazon sale in that hub could've earned, say, ten bucks.  I don't check all that often.  But when I look through the entries on the Earnings page and see ten bucks was earned a month and a half ago, I'd like to be able to click on the ten dollars on that list and be taken right to the link which I posted on Hub X and which the customer clicked on...and which led to the sale.

1. Glenn Stok profile image94
          Glenn Stokposted 7 months ago in reply to this

At the top of the earnings page is a tab for "Amazon Sales Report." That will show you the individual items that were ordered. Even though it does not indicate the actual hub, it will give you a clue if the item is one that you specified in an Amazon capsule or Amazon link.

There are cases where the reader will have purchased something else while they are browsing Amazon, and in those cases you will not know what hub it came from. But most sales will be the items your specified.

Thank you.  I do know about Amazon sales page.  I don't know much (anything, actually) about code.  But I wonder how hard it would be for HubPages to do what I suggested. Seems to me that it would be in their interest to enable users to quickly and easily know exactly where the sale came from (and maybe the path taken within HubPages) so the user could concentrate on promoting that hub.

1. tsmog profile image84
              tsmogposted 7 months ago in reply to this

To my understanding that information would have to come from Amazon and they don't share that with HP.

2. WryLilt profile image87
              WryLiltposted 7 months ago in reply to this

You can't even access that information on Amazon.com itself, so I doubt it's possible.

2. makingamark profile image68
    makingamarkposted 7 months ago

Well Squidoo used to be able to provide me with data about Amazon sales for each one of my lenses - and the data was really accurate.

Obviously it sometimes had "nothing whatsoever to do with the lens in questionn" sales - but then such sales were also nothing to do with any of the other lenses either!

One of the things I was very careful to do before exiting Squidoo was archive all my sales data as it told me which items were most popular with visitors - and that enabled me to review where they appeared on the page. Makes quite a difference to income in the long run......

Similarly I can identify my Associates income from my different websites via the tracking IDs

"One of the things I was very careful to do before exiting Squidoo was archive all my sales data as it told me which items were most popular with visitors - and that enabled me to review where they appeared on the page."
      Sounds like a good plan.  Wish I'd had the foresight to do that.  But, actually, most of my Squidoo earnings were due to visits, not Amazon sales.  The lenses were intended mainly to drive traffic to Zazzle; and that, they did.

1. makingamark profile image68
        makingamarkposted 7 months ago in reply to this

Mine was about half and half for a while but predominantly Amazon sales (and significant $) towards the end

working