jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

Malware program goes bonkers while on site.

1. Jesse Drzal profile image88
    Jesse Drzalposted 7 months ago

While on the Hubpages main site, my malware program goes nuts, blocking attack after attack. All other sites seem fine. I have noticed this on the site in the past as well. Anyone with issues/thoughts?

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 7 months ago in reply to this

We have had issues in the past with certain malaware and antivirus programs incorrectly identifying HubPages as a risky site. We've reached out in the past but received no response to our request to have the site whitelisted.

1. lobobrandon profile image83
        lobobrandonposted 7 months ago in reply to this

Hey Christy, I never noticed. Who's the cute guy in your profile pic smile

I would assume that the malware warning was triggered with the pop-up ads some people noticed a long time ago.

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
          Christy Kirwanposted 7 months ago in reply to this

A little stuffed dragon I won at a the county fair a few years ago. big_smile

We aren't really sure what goes into the assessments of "safe" sites for some of those programs. We do have the very occasional rogue ad, but whenever people have reported issues with malicious code in the past, it's always been caused by something on the person's computer rather than anything from HubPages.

1. lobobrandon profile image83
            lobobrandonposted 7 months ago in reply to this

Haha that's nice.

Yup, I agree. It's usually personal computer adware that triggers these things.

2. Jesse Drzal profile image88
        Jesse Drzalposted 7 months ago in reply to this

Thank you for the response, Christy.

working