jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (10 posts)

Can't add link to article body

1. promisem profile image94
    promisemposted 7 months ago

I tried to add a relevant link in the body of an article, but the system wouldn't update it. Is that a glitch or a new policy?

1. lobobrandon profile image84
      lobobrandonposted 7 months ago in reply to this

I have had this issue for the past week or so. I've restarted my system and my browser in this time. But there's a simple way around it. Just add the link in HTML edit mode. I never bothered to complain as I assumed it's just me and it was an easy fix.

2. promisem profile image94
      promisemposted 7 months ago in reply to this

I realized I can add a link if I type in the path, but I can't add a link if I click on one of my Hubs in the list that pops up.

You find the hub and just get the URL the old way, until someone else finds a solution. Or if it's an actual issue faced by everyone the team will work on it.  Right now it just seems like you and me.

2. Glenn Stok profile image94
        Glenn Stokposted 7 months ago in reply to this

I might be misunderstanding your issue, but if you are talking about copy and pasting the URL of a hub, and you are trying to take that URL from the list of hubs in your stats, then you are using the wrong URL. Those URLs are designed to log you into the niche sites upon clicking. They are not the actual URL of the hub. Is that what is causing the trouble? Or did I not understand what you are doing?

I don't think this is the issue. I think there's a problem with linking text when in edit mode. When you highlight a part of your text to create a link you can either enter a URL or it shows you a list of related hubs that you could link to. It is these that when clicked on are not working. The link is not being included.

1. Glenn Stok profile image94

Interesting. I never had that issue. I do realize, however, that the process once you click the chain icon is somewhat cumbersome.

I always have to think twice about what I'm doing. I have to make sure I click the correct tab (My Hubs, Amazon, Hubs) and I also need to think carefully if I'm using the data from those tabs or overriding it with a new search, such as entering an ASIN code in the search field.

In addition, I always have to remind myself that if I enter a URL in the top and bypass the rest of that box, I just need to click the "save" button and ignore anything below it. 

However, if I use the section below the tabs, then the "save' button is not the thing to click – ever. I just click the item below the tabs that I want for the link.

Like I said, it's somewhat cumbersome. That whole process could be simplified to avoid confusion.

Yup that's true, but it's not an issue of not using it right. I've used the link tool plenty of times, it just isn't working. Searching by ASIN nothing at all shows up. I've used that on previous hubs. Instead I just looked at the html structure and included the new ASIN in my new links. All this in the Html edit mode, though.

1. Glenn Stok profile image94

I just did it yesterday and it worked for me. I entered the ASIN in the search field after selecting the Amazon tab. Then I clicked the search button. That specific item appeared below the Amazon tab and I simply clicked on it to activate the text link.

2. jackclee lm profile image70
    jackclee lmposted 7 months ago

It is working for me. It must be your setup. Try restarting your computer...

working