jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: The best of summer begins with sweet ripe tomatoes.

1. JMCecil profile image62
    JMCecilposted 6 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub The best of summer begins with sweet ripe tomatoes. (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. Ilonagarden profile image85
      Ilonagardenposted 6 months ago in reply to this

I like your rich prose. As Rupert Taylor said, the piece is too short. I personally would turn it more into a piece about tomatoes, rather than a recipe hub, but that is my bias.
      Can you list specific varieties that you love, and some information about them? Or some backstory on choosing a tomato, etc. Fleshing out the basic story with details that inform the reader or help them to enjoy the recipe ( if going in that direction). Also, make headings more inline with the topic.

I'm no Hubpages expert, but this advice follows what I would like to read in your essay.

2. Rupert Taylor profile image96
    Rupert Taylorposted 6 months ago

Your headline is not search engine friendly. Try to think about what someone might type into the search field to find your article. The headline should be in Headline Type Face.

There are some apostrophe problems - family's' should be family's; sign's should be signs.

Your Hub is short. 700 words is the minimum; 1,000 to 1,500 better. A single block of type is a real turn off for readers; break up your copy with subheads and paragraphs. Recipes need quantities. You also need creative commons images.

All of this is covered in the Learning Center  https://hubpageshelp.com/

3. JMCecil profile image62
    JMCecilposted 6 months ago

Thank you, Rupert. I appreciate your suggestions.
    James Cecil

working