jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Here is hoping that CPM rate picks up

1. hclpd profile image89
    hclpdposted 6 months ago

Last few months have been a little disappointing in terms of earnings. While the traffic is more or less same, CPM rates have plummeted for some reason. Here is hoping that things get back to the way they were back in November-December. What does your experience say?

1. sallybea profile image98
      sallybeaposted 6 months ago in reply to this

My experience is the same.  CPM rates have halved and so have earnings.  I feel as disappointed as you feel.

2. promisem profile image95
      promisemposted 6 months ago in reply to this

CPMs depend on many factors including category, the economy, competition and  time of year. Retail ad spending drops in January and February, but travel ad spending often climbs.

Just out of curiosity, I switched to AdSense only a few weeks ago and saw a drop in CPMs.

1. Ashish Dadgaa profile image78
        Ashish Dadgaaposted 6 months ago in reply to this

@Scott Bateman,

Thank you for sharing this information. I was unaware about this fact.

Cheers.

2. eugbug profile image95
    eugbugposted 6 months ago

I switched to Adsense only on Saturday and earnings seem to be 20% to 50% higher than the HubPages earning program. Of course it all depends on the number of clicks you get. However I don't understand whether there is revenue per impression or how it works. The Adsense report gives a page RPM but my earnings are only made up of revenue from clicks.

1. hclpd profile image89
      hclpdposted 6 months ago in reply to this

I think I should switch as well just to see how things turn out.

3. lobobrandon profile image84
    lobobrandonposted 6 months ago

CPM rates are always lower in the first quarters of the year and keep increasing until the end of the year. But yes they are pretty low right now all across the board.

4. Jesse Drzal profile image86
    Jesse Drzalposted 6 months ago

CPM is rough now, yes.

working