Is it better to join the Hubpages Earnings Program?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (18 posts)
  1. StellaSee profile image75
    StellaSeeposted 11 years ago

Currently I'm signed up with Google Adsense and I've been debating whether I should sign up for the Hubpages Earning Program because I'm hesitant to give out my tax information. Or should I worry about this only after I have a decent amount of traffic coming to my hubs?

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You should certainly join the HubPages Earnings Program.  Most people find the income is better than Adsense alone, but you can't tell if you don't try.

You can turn the HP Earnings program on and off, as often as you like, once you've joined.  So if you don't like it, you can always go back to Adsense.

StellaSeeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi Marisa oh I didn't know you could turn it on and off..maybe I will give it a try then. Yea it sounds like the Earnings Program is a lot better because you get paid based on the number of your page impressions rather than that chance that someone might click on the links right?

2. TheMusiconomy profile image68
      TheMusiconomyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I've been on HP for 16 months. When I started there was only google adsense and I made nothing from that. However, I only a had a few hubs in the very very beginning. When the HP earnings program started I signed up immediately.

Within 15 months my earning went up 1700%. The money isn't a lot, but the percentage increase has made me very enthusiastic about the HP earnings program.

I wrote a hub about my experience: <link snipped>

3. thecrazzykylex profile image41
      thecrazzykylexposted 11 years agoin reply to this

What a weird type of question? Why shouldn't it be a worth a program to join when you can make more money 'legally'? So, yes, go join it. All the Best big_smile

4. paradigmsearch profile image61
      paradigmsearchposted 11 years agoin reply to this

HP is cute, fuzzy, and trustworthy. Your tax info will be safe with them.

2. Bedbugabscond profile image93
    Bedbugabscondposted 11 years ago

I don't think you need to worry about giving your tax information to Hubpages. I am not sure if it will be worth it to you. Like lovely Marisa said, you won't know if you don't try. Personally, as a new hubber who has NO adsense earnings, it is the Hubpages earning programs that keeps me motivated.

StellaSeeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi again Bedbugabscond, I'm happy to hear you're earning so much on Hubpages already. Yeah I think I will give it a try, if so many people are signed up, our information should be in safe hands right? Thanks again for your comments!

3. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

I found the Hubpages program more profitable than Adsense alone, but it varies depending on user.

4. mr williams profile image58
    mr williamsposted 11 years ago

From my experience, Google Adsense earns much more than Hubpages

5. hbentleymom profile image60
    hbentleymomposted 11 years ago

I am still pretty new but I would say sign up for Hubpages program, I always earn more on it than Adsense.

6. ocbill profile image52
    ocbillposted 11 years ago

I thinking about it seriously since Adsense has dropped dramatically because of penguin.

7. KCC Big Country profile image82
    KCC Big Countryposted 11 years ago

My experience with Google Adsense vs HP........HP is much better.

8. timorous profile image81
    timorousposted 11 years ago

After 2.5 years here, I have yet to come anywhere near a payout for Adsense(less). I've been signed up to the HP ad program for a little over a year, and I've had one payout this year, and probably another one by the end of this summer. It keeps increasing monthly, yet I'm not that prolific, and I haven't made my hubs any more search-friendly than they've ever been. I just do my research. So yeah..the HP ad program is by far the better way to go.

9. aravindb1982 profile image76
    aravindb1982posted 11 years ago

My experience has been that HP Adsense program rocks! Have received more than $100 in payout already and my next payout is due shortly. Not yet made $20 on Google Adsense!!

I guess it depends on what kind of articles you write. Google pays for clicks while HP pays for impressions. So while in Google you need people to click on links to generate revenue, in HP more the number of people who even see your hub, you get paid more.

10. profile image0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 11 years ago

HP Adsense for me.  A former Hubber told me that once you received your first payout, the others come faster than the first.  He was right!

11. glassvisage profile image84
    glassvisageposted 11 years ago

Thanks for all of this insight! I would say HP Ad Program as well, though I was doubting it recently because of drops in revenue for both.

12. Tutorsindia-UK profile image60
    Tutorsindia-UKposted 7 years ago

Thanks for sharing your experience, I have also started.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)