Article Submited to Niche Site not Selected

1. Shesabutterfly profile image97
    Shesabutterflyposted 6 months ago

I submitted one of my higher traffic articles to Owlcation and I just recieved an e-mail saying it was not selected. The e-mail said it was likely due to the nature of my topic. Are there topics that don't get moved to niche sites? My hub Examples of Great Leaders in the Bible, does very well on Google. However, I know it is somewhat of a broad subject and open to much interpretation so I would not be surprised if it's too broad to be featured on a niche site. I have quotes from the bible as well as what I would consider to be modern day leaders, is there something else I should/could add that would get this article featured?

I'm more or less curious to know if I should leave my religious topics alone and focus on some of my other lower traffic articles, as those subjects belong to a tighter niche. I wanted to focus on my higher traffic articles first, but I don't want to waste my time on certain topics if they won't be moved to niche sites.

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 months ago

The "nature of the topic" reason is the most difficult one to interpret, IMO.  As I understand it, it usually means that particular aspect of the topic is already well-covered on the niche site - they don't want too much overlapping.

1. Shesabutterfly profile image97
      Shesabutterflyposted 6 months agoin reply to this

Thank you Marisa!

I'm just starting back up after being gone for years. Still getting use to all the changes that have been going on since I've been gone. I'll do some more research on the sites and try reading some articles before I decide to submit another hub.

working