jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Whew... 13,000 words this week

1. theraggededge profile image95
    theraggededgeposted 5 months ago

Thanks to someone, sorry I forget who, I registered at UpWork and got myself a new client. Have just finished the last of 20 articles (500 words each), so that, together with my other regular writing gig, meant writing over 13,000 words this week.

My sister-in-law, a writer and editor, used to churn out 7,000 per day. However, I'm still pretty pleased with my lot.

In my Scrivener project, where I keep all my articles, blog posts, hubs, the running total is now over 400,000 words in three years. I could have written four books by now hmm

What's the most you've ever written in a day/week/month?

1. Seeza profile image76
      Seezaposted 5 months ago in reply to this

4,000 in a week tops.

2. kenneth avery profile image78
      kenneth averyposted 5 months ago in reply to this

At Five Cents a word that can add up.

1. theraggededge profile image95
        theraggededgeposted 5 months ago in reply to this

Mmm.... not that much, I'm afraid sad

2. SimeyC profile image89
    SimeyCposted 5 months ago

Back in the day when I was super active on Hubpages I'd write about 2000 words a day for months! Now - I'm lucky if I publish one hub a month!

I did write 50,000 words in a month for Nanowrimo - still have to finish that novel! :-)

3. earner profile image86
    earnerposted 5 months ago

I stopped writing, in the main.  I figured that one GOOD piece can generate £200-£1000/year..... so if I was writing more and it wasn't producing that then I needed to stop .... and think about what I was doing.

Having written something it can be better to spend time tweaking it or promoting it - or forgetting it - rather than concentrating on new material.

Of course, if you're paid to write, then that's not an issue as you're being paid already/anyway.

But I love the buzz of the "high performers" and you can't re-create that just by producing new content.

Here I do 5-6 per year now smile

4. Luke Holm profile image93
    Luke Holmposted 5 months ago

Well done smile I don't know the total number of words I've typed in a week, but I'd assume it's around 10k-ish.  I think I usually average about 3k a week.  The most I've done in a day was about 6k.  Keep up the good work!!!

working