This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Writing 50,000 words in two weeks with research...

1. merej99 profile image85
    merej99posted 4 years ago

Writing 50,000 words in two weeks with research...

...crazy - don't take on the project
    ...possible - better get the coffee I.V.
    ...pshaw - it's a breeze - what are you worried about?

Thoughts, opinions, experiences are appreciated smile

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8822905_f260.jpg

2. dailytop10 profile image92
    dailytop10posted 4 years ago

Typing 50,000 words is easy. Determining what to write is the hard part. I've done tons of research back on my college days and one tip I can share  is organization. Focus on doing things one at a time. Set achievable goals and be sure not to waste a day. Good luck!

merej99posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Content isn't an issue - they are product descriptions for a lot of items but might need enquiries to manufacturers &competitor site comparisons.  Definitely no time to waste - already putting together a game plan.  Thanks for the vote of confide

3. wychic profile image88
    wychicposted 4 years ago

Ouch!! I write for a living, and that would fry me. It's definitely possible, and I'm probably one of those people who'd be nuts enough to take it, but....man, a comatose period afterward would certainly be in order.

Admittedly I am feeling a little sick about it - but if I pace myself I should be all right.  There is a big bottle of Jameson waiting for me at the end of this rainbow.  I said yes to the job!  Nervous?  Heck yes!

4. spartucusjones profile image93
    spartucusjonesposted 4 years ago

I have experience with doing 30,000-35,000 word business guides for different websites. Depending on the amount of research and the subject I push for about 1,000 words an hour. That being said it depends on what you are writing about. When I was doing the business guides, they generally were are under the same topics as previous guides, and a lot of my time was rewriting content that I already wrote (to make it unique).  In those cases I could work a lot quicker.

As far as taken on the project, what you are getting paid for the project could be a big factor. You have to figure out how much you want to earn per hour. Then you need to estimate how many hours it will take you to complete the project (unless you are getting paid by the hour). If it works out to be a decent hourly rate and your circumstances allow, then you might choose to take it.

Between the forums that I participate/post to, I probably type about 6 to 10,000 words a day anyway.  I just need to focus and stop chasing butterflies until the job is done.  LOL  The money is definitely worth busting my ass.

working