jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Need Help With Starting Layout

1. William F. Torpey profile image81
    William F. Torpeyposted 8 years ago

None of the options for starting layout for a new hub fit my needs. None of my existing hubs have the layout I want to use, and I have no idea what the default layout would be.

What I need would be text, video, text video, text video, etc, with a comments box at the bottom.

I would appreciate any advice.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image79
      Maddie Ruudposted 8 years agoin reply to this

William:

Those templates are just the most common hub layouts (yes, we did run the numbers) to save people time during hub creation.  If none of them meet your needs, just pick any (the first one is the old default starting layout) and delete/add capsules as you need them, just as you did before this feature was rolled out!

2. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 8 years ago

William -- you should either pick a hub that has a layout similar to what you want, or just choose whichever of the three options is closest to your needs.  All you are choosing there is the starting layout of the hub, meaning that you can still add and delete capsules anywhere and anytime you want, just as before.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image79
      Maddie Ruudposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Ha!  Can you tell Paul and I work for the same company?

3. William F. Torpey profile image81
    William F. Torpeyposted 8 years ago

Thanks for the prompt duet. Double the pleasure, double the fun. Now I can go ahead with my new hub.

4. profile image52
    anythingelsposted 8 years ago

I am just starting my first hub, but when to comes to pick a starting layout it does not accept nr 2 or 3.I prefer the 2nd option but somehow it is stucked on nr 1.How can I correct this?

5. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago

Anything, don't worry about it. Just accept the first one, because you can add and delete capsules as you like anyway, once you've got the Hub started.  In the old days, the first one was the only choice you had!

working