Content related question

1. BradTheGeek profile image83
    BradTheGeekposted 4 months ago

Howdy.  Been a while since I have written a Hub, but I am thinking of one now.  There is some potential for it to be flagged as defamatory or libelous - even though I do not think it would be.

To explain, I have been having an on again off again customer service issue with Comcast.  This spans four to five years.  From a basic standpoint. over those four years, customer service has improved, but the backend processes cause tons of issues.  There are reasons that Comcast is one of the lowest rated companies in customer service, and maybe articles like this will help people understand what is going on behind the scenes and help engender change (however unlikely that is).

I want to write a Hub relaying the experience, and where I see the improvements and failures.  In the balance I feel the hub will be negative, but it will be truthful and not defamatory.  However, there is always some risk in writing in writing a negative piece about a large and powerful entity.

So, I am looking for your thoughts.  Should I dive into that and see how it goes?  Or am I wasting my time?

1. NateB11 profile image93
      NateB11posted 4 months agoin reply to this

I think it's a good idea for an article, but I'd make sure you have something in the article, or structure it in a way, so that it doesn't come off as purely personal; literally, HP will reject an article that is only personal. All this means, I think, is that you might want to structure the article in a way that offers suggestions to the reader (or to Comcast) and also the subject is potentially politically loaded - so I'm suggesting you could cover that too, get into the politics surrounding the issue of Comcast's bad reputation and bad behavior; they have essentially a monopoly and also unfairly influence government policy. I mean, the article could potentially be very informative, and to pass the muster I think it will need to be. That's my take on it.

working