jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Do You Want To Play Quiz Online To Win Money?

1. John Williams23 profile image59
    John Williams23posted 3 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Do You Want To Play Quiz Online To Win Money? (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image95
      theraggededgeposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Hi there,

It appears that English is not your first language, yet your name is John Williams and you are from the UK. That looks a bit fishy, as we say in the UK.

The problem with your hub is the topic. It's never going to fly on HubPages because it's associated with spam. And HP has to protect its relationship with Adsense.

https://hubpageshelp.com/standards/Lear … ted-topics

It looks as though you write a lot about this kind of subject, but should avoid them here, otherwise you are just wasting your time.

2. John Williams23 profile image59
    John Williams23posted 3 months ago

Actually I got that written by someone on freelancer. So, is it the topic or the language itself?

Both.

HubPages is a site for writers. You can use freelancers but the quality is usually so bad that the hubs don't get published. Passing someone's work off as your own is a bit shabby, don't you think? Additionally, your freelancer will often republish elsewhere so that your hub gets penalised for duplicate copy. It happened here recently.

My advice is if you can't write your own stuff, then perhaps HubPages is not for you. You can't earn scads of money here anyway until you have a good amount of featured, traffic-garnering articles.

1. John Williams23 profile image59
        John Williams23posted 3 months ago in reply to this

The thing is I am not doing it for money. I need a backlink from HB to my website.

Well that's going to be a problem. HubPages won't allow you to create backlinks or promote any kind of business or website. The only place you can link to your own site is that tiny little house icon on the top right of your profile. It looks as though you have been given out of date information.

As an expert in SEO, I'd have thought you'd know that all that circular linking is of no value these days?

HubPages is for creating high quality, magazine-style articles.

working