Cropping Photos

1. Jeremy Gill profile image89
    Jeremy Gillposted 4 months ago

Hubbers are restricted to two formats for their pictures: full-length or half-length. To make a Hub as visually appealing as possible, it'd be awesome if we could crop the picture as we include it. This would be particularly great on vertically-oriented ones, as they don't always stretch ideally into an article.

Photo editing programs like Gimp can do the crop, but it'd be far more convenient to just do it here as we place the picture within the article. If for some reason a few people didn't want the cropping option, there could be a button to turn it off for them. Thanks for your consideration!

2. alikhan3 profile image91
    alikhan3posted 4 months ago

You must consider the fact that is it worth for the technical team at HP to spend time on including this feature.

It will be great however to crop the images right in the hub editor because presently I crop the images outside the editor and then upload it to hubs.

1. Jeremy Gill profile image89
      Jeremy Gillposted 4 months agoin reply to this

Good point alikhan, adding things isn't free. In this case though, I think it's a benefit to almost every Hubber, not just a small group.

And because the feature exists for our profile pictures, I imagine it wouldn't be terribly hard to implement for other photos.

working