jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

The 10+ Million+ Views Club

1. Chriswillman90 profile image93
    Chriswillman90posted 3 months ago

I've always been curious how many hubbers are in the elusive 10+ million views club and what/how long it took them to get there.

Presumably those are some of the highest earning hubbers and are the pinnacle of Hubpages that we should be shooting for.

So whose in this club and how did you get there?

1. Jodah profile image86
      Jodahposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Chris, maybe you will get there before most of us. Then you can change your name to Chrismillions10+

Chriswillman90posted 3 months ago in reply to this

I would love to change it to that (love those extra +++) but it's going to be a very long time, if ever, before that happens.

Thank you Jodah.

2. NateB11 profile image92
    NateB11posted 3 months ago

Unequivocally, I can tell you I am not.

3. Kain 360 profile image89
    Kain 360posted 3 months ago

I have a few million on another account but that was from years ago when I would get many thousands of views a day before a Google algorithm. And that was back when Hubpages did not have niche sites or the requirement to be featured. Never quite made it to 10 million, but would have if things kept going the way they were.

I'm back at it again, though.

Chriswillman90posted 3 months ago in reply to this

The fact you still had millions of views is something most writers only dream of and that's very impressive. I'm sure you can make it big again if you have in the past despite Google's constant shiftiness.

I think once someone tastes success it becomes an addiction and something that once seemed impossible becomes a reality.

Good luck to you.

1. Kain 360 profile image89
        Kain 360posted 3 months ago in reply to this

Yeah I wrote on hubpages for 2 years and barely made traffic, but 2011 was a break though -- unfortunately afterwards it coincided with a Google Algorithm that created a massive loss in traffic for hubbers.

Hubbers say that it take a lot of time to get traffic. While that is true for most evergreen hubs; it's possible for a hub to go semi-viral or simply get a lot of views after a week. I had a hub years ago on another account that was #1 in Google and got 5000 views a day for a while. To this day I still can't believe how high my ranking was.

It's really a combination of writing intelligently, hard, and getting lucky.

4. FatFreddysCat profile image90
    FatFreddysCatposted 3 months ago

At my current traffic rates, I should reach 10 million views ....ohhh, sometime around the year 2064, if HubPages even still exists by then.

Hell, I'll be in my '90s by then so I might not even exist! big_smile

5. Chriswillman90 profile image93
    Chriswillman90posted 3 months ago

Only a short 47 years away lol. But you never know maybe one of your articles will go viral and you get millions of hits in a couple weeks.

1. FatFreddysCat profile image90
      FatFreddysCatposted 3 months ago in reply to this

I've been here since 2011. If it ain't happened by now, it ain't happenin' anytime soon, haha tongue

6. revolutionbjj profile image91
    revolutionbjjposted 3 months ago

Make this post again, but with one million as the qualifier, imo.

working