Will my views ever recover?

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (25 posts)
  1. sweetzara profile image75
    sweetzaraposted 11 years ago

Will my views ever recover?

sad

2. MohsinGhafoor profile image60
    MohsinGhafoorposted 11 years ago

No, I don't think so. Because, we are all facing the same problem.

3. mattforte profile image89
    mattforteposted 11 years ago

No, not if you spend your time asking silly questions like this instead of working on improving your rankings/writing hubs.

Also:
    http://sweetzara.hubpages.com/hub/Why-y … n-HubPages
    Several "reasons" you put in there indicate you *aren't* doing them, which are why you will never recover. I find the existence of that hub, and this question....very ironic.

sweetzaraposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Lol! Good answer. With the page views being down in the dumps, there's very little motivation to write. Thanks for answering though.

2. Rock_nj profile image90
      Rock_njposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You can write new Hubs or babysit and revise old ones to make them Google SEO happy, until Google and/or HubPages changes the rules again and you have revisit your hubs all over again to re-SEO them.   Life in 2013 on the Internet...

3. sweetzara profile image75

Also:
      Thanks for the link. Hopefully I'll get some more views thanks to you wink

4. cfin profile image65
      cfinposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Exactly what i was thinking.

5. Nellieanna profile image68
      Nellieannaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If one writes for the effect it has on others, it's always missing something visceral which would attract just that effect.  Just write because you must and publish it out of the generosity of your heart.  Let others do whatever they can  with it.

4. Doc Snow profile image88
    Doc Snowposted 11 years ago

I can't really know the answer to that, can I?

I will say that I've had my views tending to sag over the past several months.  I thought it was seasonal, during the pre- and post-Christmas periods, but despite some recovery early in January, things have been a bit slow.

The overall pattern is that the highest-performing Hubs continue to do well (and some mid-level ones have risen), but the traffic at the bottom level is really, really, slow.  That's to be expected, I suppose, given the changes that Hubpages has made in introducing the 'idle' Hub.  But the hope was an overall improvement, and I'm not seeing that.  (And yes, I am trying some things--adding a separate blog (in part) to try to drive some traffic to certain Hubs, and publishing some new Hubs as well.

But it is worrisome.  I wish it were easier to tell what HP as a whole is doing--I'd be better able to tell what is specific to my portfolio and what is more systemic in nature.  But that information is not released, as far as I know.

5. profile image53
    mcxniftycallsposted 11 years ago

Google is not as easy it was 2 year before and going tough every day.
    Believe me, it is not only hub pages that effected many of the website and webpages are victims.
    And again believe me, Some hubs are still getting (new and old) lots of traffic here.
    You need to change your view, understand Google search engine and change your title and content according to that if you want your hubs in Google search as Google search is only consistent source of traffics, all other tricks are just temporary.
    Learn about the importance of keyword research, get into the shoe of internet searchers and find out what they type in search engine to search about information you are providing in your hub and then optimize your hub according to that.
    Google is changing every day so you have to be..

6. Learn Things Web profile image91
    Learn Things Webposted 11 years ago

My views have been increasing. But I've noticed that the more often I write the better I do. I think Google respects people who are producing content regularly. Now I try to write at least one or two things a week. I have another account and usually write something once a day.

7. dailytop10 profile image85
    dailytop10posted 11 years ago

There are various factors to consider. It probably will if more people who are interested about your topics browse the net or if you write some more and indulge in SEO activities. The bottom line is, your views will less likely to recover if you don't do something about it. Good luck and God bless!

8. skgrao profile image68
    skgraoposted 11 years ago

Why not try to write what is around that is very interesting and you will write really good.If your Views are not good let it be a Hub unread, as no two persons have same views.I write on some thing that I like more than something I don't like I write less but even that looks good to me though writing bad about how people behave may not be viewed they will try to come out of it.That is helping society.Please list your views and send me I will write one hub for you.

9. ZIa Ahmed khan profile image37
    ZIa Ahmed khanposted 11 years ago

I don't know, mine is down by 70%. So is income.

10. LoisRyan13903 profile image62
    LoisRyan13903posted 11 years ago

My fluctuates from time to time.  I think it depends on the topics you write on and how often.  Now it helps to get fellow hubpagers to follow you.  But if you have Twitter Followers and Facebook Followers this may help get your page views up.  Also if you go back to your hubs and edit them, by adding some new information to them, this may help your page views as well

11. mactavers profile image89
    mactaversposted 11 years ago

This is an impossible question to answer as long as the Google "rules" and adjustments keep changing.  I admit I am low tech and don't take the time to constantly change my rankings and many other things some Hubbers seem to do well, but even with their greater tech knowledge, it seems that all Hubbers experience trouble maintaining high traffic. So many forums are about this subject.  Most Hubbers get discouraged and quit somewhere around 50 Hubs, because it is a lot of time and effort for something that seems to fluxuate so wildly.  I think it comes down to most Hubbers who write because they love being creative or getting feedback on their writing.

12. NotPC profile image56
    NotPCposted 11 years ago

The way many of us hubbers are working around Google's new algorithm is by working directly with Google+. You should definitely come join the HubPages Authors Community on Google+. Here is the link: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities … 1295766925

Thanks, have done so! Looking forward to it.

13. days leaper profile image60
    days leaperposted 11 years ago

"96" rating, and your asking that!  (???  Can I put an ad out for people to read my Hubs too?  Great Idea, if not somewhat Opache!  -liked what I read though.

14. bn9900 profile image70
    bn9900posted 11 years ago

They will, the views fluctuate quite a bit, and depending on how new your hub is, the internet spriders might not have crawled yet, getting it on yahoo, google and others.

15. tnvrstar profile image66
    tnvrstarposted 11 years ago

Be patient and try to write on informative topic. You can't become a millionaire with only 20 hubs. Write more hubs with useful information , it would take some to rank them. At the end you will see the outcome.

16. john000 profile image93
    john000posted 11 years ago

I tend to agree with mcxniftycalls . Let's face it, if you want to be read you need to at least "think" about keyword search. Whether you use a keyword search (which I suggest), imagine yourself as a naive person searching on Google for one of your subjects. People search for answers or more knowledge about an interest, and I think most of the time they are not well read on those things. Trying to think of what you would type into a word search if you wanted to read about a new subject may help. In fact, it might just help as much as Adwords, who knows? This could help your traffic recover. Rather than feeling down about it, realize that Google makes money by sending folks to a webpage they think will generate money! So it will not get easier; those folks are good at what they do! You need to simply think of all the angles to maximize the attention your articles will get.
    Good luck.

17. MarleneB profile image92
    MarleneBposted 11 years ago

I have to answer with - It depends on what you do to recover your views. Unfortunately, writers also have to be marketers. Upon writing a hub, a book, whatever we write, we then need to let the world know it has been written.

When I publish a hub, the first thing I do is let my sphere of influence know about it. If it is a subject they are interested in reading, they will read it. If it is good enough to share, they will share it and the people they share it with will share it. They keep the views alive. I also promote my hubs through blogs that I write about the subject of the hub. Sometimes, I get a lot of views and sometimes, I get only a few views. It depends on the hub.

Nothing is guranteed, but a little effort goes a long way toward helping increase views.

18. Barbara Kay profile image72
    Barbara Kayposted 11 years ago

I didn't start earning good money until I had 80 hubs. At that point, my earning just kept going up. For some people this never happens. You need to use SEO and research what does well.

I checked last February and my traffic was down that month too, as it is this month.  I keep improving and adding to my hubs and that seems to help get traffic back to them. The more I write, the better I do. I will admit though, that you will never get rich here unless you write thousands upon thousands of hubs. Some fortunate people hit the right topic and make big money off just one. Not me.

19. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 11 years ago

your hubscore is 96! Far better than mine. Your views will increase when you publish more hubs and keep participating forums. Good luck!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)