jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

Feedback please on my latest hub: Is it long enough or too short?

1. Lord of Poetry profile image80
    Lord of Poetryposted 3 months ago

I want feedback on my latest hub titled "Haiku Diary: The Second Expedition Begins!". 

There are only 7 haiku verses there.  That means 21 lines in all.  I bolstered the piece with 7 matching photos.  While I am happy with the pairings of haikus and photos, I wonder if my piece was long enough to meet Hup Pages standard. 

I plan to write a series of Haiku Diaries.  Could you suggest how many haiku pieces should each hub contain to be lengthy enough?  Thank you.

https://hubpages.com/literature/Haiku-D … ion-Begins

1. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 3 months agoin reply to this

Hi there, Lord

The length of a poetry hub doesn't matter. However pixelated, watermarked and copyright images are not allowed anywhere. So you need to find better quality ones... and you can't just take images off the internet and republish them. You could end up with a demand for payment. Look at pixabay.com for high quality, legal-to-use photos.

https://hubpageshelp.com/media/Learning … -image-use

I would get rid of B1, B2 etc. They are unnecessary. Also delete the date at the bottom. You can select to display copyright info in Display Options on the right side of the hub when in Edit mode.

I like your verses a lot smile

Lord of Poetryposted 3 months agoin reply to this

Thank you, the raggededge.  I appreciate the points you raised, especially the one about pixabay.  Regards and have a nice day.

2. yogaburnclub profile image83
    yogaburnclubposted 3 months ago

Hi there the diary is so short with just very few line make it longer

1. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 3 months agoin reply to this

It's poetry. It doesn't need to be longer.

2. Lord of Poetry profile image80

I think both of you are right.  It's short, as yogaburnclub said.  And it's poetry, as theraggededge said.

3. Lord of Poetry profile image80
    Lord of Poetryposted 3 months ago

Thanks, theraggededge.  That's reassuring as I am planning to post many poems -- mostly sonnets and haiku.

1. greenmind profile image92
      greenmindposted 3 months agoin reply to this

Am I the only one who thought the title of the hub in question was "Is it long enough or too short?"...

Hehe smile 

Username "greenmind" + "Is it long enough or too short?" = ?

1. greenmind profile image92
          greenmindposted 3 months agoin reply to this

yes the username is accurate...

And I assume you're from Philippines or vicinity as the slang is not well-known here in US!

working