I'd like feedback on my Hub: All about Hailing Mother India

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (25 posts)
  1. Siddhartha Speaks profile image60
    Siddhartha Speaksposted 7 years ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub All about Hailing Mother India (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image97
      theraggededgeposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Hi there,

Firstly, you need to insert paragraph breaks (blank lines). Your hub is a wall of text - difficult enough to read on a PC, impossible on a mobile device. Split the text into several text capsules with relevant sub-headings.

Decide who your target audience is. HubPages is aimed at mainly westerners. Do you think Hubpage's readers are going to want to wade through all the political detail? Further to that point, given the title, I thought I was going to read a hub about beautiful India, not a protracted piece of inter-Indian politics.

Review your grammar and punctuation - there are many commas missing. Also some names are not in title case. Watch out for instances of repetition.

Ensure your photos are used legally.

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/contents

HTH

Siddhartha Speaksposted 7 years agoin reply to this

ma... I have made quite some changes and added sources of which the pics have been used in the article. Will you please help Me out if this time it has met hte standards for being a hub to get published

There's something strange going on with the text. Are you pressing 'Enter' at the end of each line?

I can't help you with the content as I know nothing about the topic. Perhaps you can get someone with good written English to go through it for you?

Perhaps another Hubber will have better ideas how you can make improvements?

2. Will Apse profile image87
    Will Apseposted 7 years ago

The subject is being followed in most of the quality newspapers in the West and extra background info would be useful.

Personally, I would write a few more pages and pick aspects that have not been widely covered already. Maybe focus on some of the personalities or compare the rise of Hindu nationalism to other forms of nationalism around the world. If you do the latter, I wouldn't use a real name, lol.

Or just clarify what you have already written and explain to Western audiences with no prior knowledge why the whole saga is so important.

Sir will you please elaborate .
      I did not get it exactly

1. Will Apse profile image87
        Will Apseposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I was editing as you wrote. I reckon I have already picked up most of what is in your hub from UK newspapers. So finding another angle could be useful.

Sir My hub is not being published ...
          I would like to know what corrections in format should I make so that it gets published.....
          so that the hub matches the standards of hubpages

3. erorantes profile image48
    erorantesposted 7 years ago

You can have edit bot fixe it for you. He will tell you what is wrong with your hub. I like India. I will like to see pictures of flowers, spices and fruits. Please, do not take it the wrong way. I like Indian people. The punctuation in your hub has extra punctuation. Good luck with your hub.

thanks..mam but will u please give Me a link or explain Me how to use these bots for My hub

Erorantes is giving you wrong information. Editbot is a spellchecker that is run automatically on hubs. As far as I know, those hubs need to be featured first. You can't use editbot.

You may be able to find an online grammar checker. You can copy your text into it and it will try to fix it. You can use Google to find one.

As I suggested you could ask someone with good English skills to work with you on your hub, and you need to read the articles in the Learning Center. I already gave you one link to improve a hub. Here's the link to the contents page: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/contents

2. erorantes profile image48
        erorantesposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You can go to your account. Then , you will find edit bot on your edit page. Some people have the program in the computer to use edit bot. If you do not have it. You can buy the program, or some times the programs to correct are free.

1. Jesse Drzal profile image91
          Jesse Drzalposted 7 years agoin reply to this

No..there is not an option for editbot on the account page.

4. Will Apse profile image87
    Will Apseposted 7 years ago

A few commas seem to to missing in the page's text. There are one or two eccentric uses of special characters like these: '>>'

Otherwise, it seems like standard Indian English to me. Not that I am an expert.

Maybe Indian English is no longer thought a good fit for a HP. Everything is about satisfying Google algorithms these days and perhaps American English is the only English that will satisfy its more parochial readers.

I'm sure the staff are have other things to do but it is the sort of issue that deserves an official announcement.

Are regional variations of English okay?

Great question, Will.

1. Will Apse profile image87

Only half expecting an answer, lol. Questions like that like scare the pants off people.

It is to be not answered, only to build lore and mystique. Like an enigma wrapped inside a riddle.

2. SheilaMilne profile image91
      SheilaMilneposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Maybe I can blame my British English on my dismal failure. Yes, that makes me feel better.

yes the spelling of Americans are also so different...
        Indians follow British English....
        that's why it's quite problematic...
        like I have learned "colour" but America spells it "color"....

That doesn't make any difference as to whether your hub is featured or not. I'm British, write with British English most of the time. However, missing words, such as the definite article 'the', and indefinite article 'a', will have a negative effect.

""Bharat Mata Kee Jai"- a chant which basically in English means "Hail Mother India" is now all up in news creating headlines all over social media and the Indian
          mainstream media now and then."

"Bharat Mata Kee Jai", a chant which means "Hail Mother India", is currently in the news, creating headlines over global social media, as well as mainstream Indian media.

Can you see the difference? I've removed unnecessary and meaningless words, added the definite article, 'the' and a couple of commas. 'Indian English' is a little rambling and inconcise. You need to go through the text removing extra words and 'tightening' up the writing.

You also need to remove those 'enters' at the end of each line. The text will wrap to the next line automatically.

To improve the layout, spend some time at the HubPages Learning Center http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/contents

1. Millionaire Tips profile image93
            Millionaire Tipsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

American English is also rambling and inconcise, but we have been taught to write more concisely than we speak.

2. Siddhartha Speaks profile image60

mam, as u said... I am spending time on the learning centre...My hub has not been published....it's score is 67....however
            when I clicked on the editor's choice I found out this
            "Congratulations! Your Hub has been selected as an Editor's Choice! Your Hub was selected by Editors and will be promoted by HubPages and shown on HubPages.com. Our hats are off to you; only a small percentage of Hubs are chosen!
            Learn more in the FAQ entry about Editor's Choice.",will you please help Me in understanding what does this actually mean

That's strange. Editor's Choice is a label attached to *published and featured* hubs which are of a good standard. At least that is my understanding.

Can I suggest you shorten the title of the hub? You don't need 'all about'. Simply call it "Hail Mother India - an Indian Political Crisis"

Keep working!

2. Will Apse profile image87

It suggests that someone, somewhere recognises that your page covers an important topic and that a little editing could make it a good read. That's my best guess anyway.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)