jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

How to track Amazon clicks through Google Analytics

1. NateB11 profile image94
    NateB11posted 2 months ago

You have to use Google Tag Manager which is a free Google tool. You can track which Amazon products were clicked on your articles. It's a little involved setting it up but might be worth it if the information has value in terms of sales. Here's a tutorial on how to do it: https://measureschool.com/video/how-to- … g-manager/

1. Will Apse profile image89
      Will Apseposted 2 months agoin reply to this

Have you managed to get this to work? My instinct is that it would be hard to do with HP.

NateB11posted 2 months agoin reply to this

No, I haven't actually tried it. I'm skeptical about it myself. I figured it would work with HP because you actually don't have to do anything on the HP side; you just input info into the Tag Manager. Amazon sales have never been my specialty but I do make some sales on my own sites, not here on HP. However, my stats counter on my own sites already give me info about Amazon clicks, it's the stat thing they have with the Jetpack plugin. I don't really make any attempts to make Amazon sales here, I made an effort in the past without much return and it's not my thing. Anyway, I thought somebody here might find this workable or valuable.

2. lobobrandon profile image85
    lobobrandonposted 2 months ago

I'll check this out. Thanks.

No problem, Brandon. Hope it works out.

1. lobobrandon profile image85
        lobobrandonposted 2 months agoin reply to this

Thanks smile

3. Glenn Stok profile image94
    Glenn Stokposted 2 months ago

Unfortunately this will not work on HubPages because the tag manager requires HTML tracking code to be added to each page of the site (i.e. each hub). You can only use it on your own site where you have control over the HTML.

Maybe someday HubPages will include the tracking code, that Google provides, so that they can offer this feature to us.

Hadn't thought of that, kind of like the Console/Webmaster Tools. Has to be for your own site, makes sense. Little faux pas on my part, probably should test this stuff before putting it on the forums.

working