Best email scam I have seen

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (15 posts)
  1. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 14 years ago

I just received this email scam and I am almost impressed. Usually they are all but unreadable, but this one actually makes sense and in English too. smile Except for him not knowing my name. And using an aol email address. And the fact that I would be fighting off claims from my entire family over any dead relative's money. lol

Hello,

My name is Samir Admiraal I work as an international auditor for the delta lloyd Bank (ALM) Asset Liability  anagerial department monitoring five branches including Singapore, Belgium and Netherlands.

I have taken pains to find your contact through personal endeavors which I may explain to you upon your response.
    A possible family member of yours (name withheld for security reason) died nine months ago leaving behind an investment total of EU5.95M (Five Million Nine hundred and Fifty Thousand Euros) with my bank.With interest at today's value, the said investment is now worth EU9M (Nine Million Euros)

His lawyer has just notified my department of the sudden death of the said investor in a car crash and the lawyer has also asked us to check through our records to see who his client may have indicated as next  of kin to the investment, since the fiance (martha frances) who was indicated in his WILL as beneficiary to most of his properties also died in the same car crash.

Findings and verification as auditor in the bank has led me to realize that the investor has also named his fiance as next of kin to the EU9M investment. We have as yet not informed anyone of this because of the implications, the investor's lawyer will obviously handover his properties including the investment to the government which will in turn be shared amongst undeserving government officials. However, because of the relevance of the sameness of your surname and you being a possible relative to the late investor, we are making you this proposal since my boss and I can provide you with much needed information to claim the investment.

You are guaranteed that this will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law, as the funds did not originate from terrorism or drugs,but through inheritance.
    Please kindly reply through my private email (Samirad@aol.nl) to confirm your full name, telephone and fax number to enable us discuss and facilitate all due process regarding this transaction.

Yours truly,
    Samir Admiraal.
    Samirad@aol.nl

1. mandybeau profile image57
      mandybeauposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have received this as well from several different names.

2. dingdong profile image57
    dingdongposted 14 years ago

LOL lol

3. ngureco profile image82
    ngurecoposted 14 years ago

A neat one.

But no matter how hard they try there is always a missing link to alert you.

EU 5.95M investment is now worth EU 9M in 9 months?? A 51% growth in 9 month.

4. Mrvoodoo profile image57
    Mrvoodooposted 14 years ago

LOL, I get one of those almost every day from a different (yet same) person, and I'm guessing your name has just found its way onto the same list, so you can probably look forward to many more.

1. ngureco profile image82
      ngurecoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL lol

2. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Great. I can hardly wait......

1. profile image50
        Motherhood Trialsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ive had one similar also and it was about 3 weeks ago. But I posted a question that is soooo not a scam on our forum and would like for you to take a look at it Mark if you dont mind me asking. thanks

Where is that?

1. profile image50

Its under OMG!! about a spy-cam in family section. I didnt know you replied to this sorry..oh and thanks:) I do joke at times and I love to but this post is not a joke it is real and abit scary as most unknowns are.I was wondering if 2 completely different minds can yet have the same gut feeling once they have pondered the same situation..

Can you leave me a link? smile

1. profile image50

I just commented on it about 25 / 30min. ago so it should be in the most recent forum as well as near the top in the family forum of hp. The question reads this :  OMG!! Spy-cam in your own home and your spouse put it there ! Now What?  (or something close to that)

5. flread45 profile image59
    flread45posted 14 years ago

I got that same e-mail,wanting me to claim money owed to my ancesters..

6. accofranco profile image78
    accofrancoposted 14 years ago

I am very happy that more and more people are aware of these scams these days.Thanks for sharing this,it is a good way of enlightening people about the deadly scourge.Thanks Mark and how was your day?Please always avoid them,they are bum!

7. ledefensetech profile image69
    ledefensetechposted 14 years ago

I've always wondered how people can believe that someone would contact them via email to deliver "news" like this.  Scammers love this because you don't get prosecuted like you would if you send this crap through the mail.  The funniest part of all of these is that I'm supposed to believe that some low level functionary has access to millions of dollars US, and is willing to share them, for a "small percentage" of the profits. 

Just goes to show that if it sounds too good to be true, it is.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)