jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (13 posts)

Help with article title

1. Chriswillman90 profile image92
    Chriswillman90posted 5 weeks ago

I need some advice about a title and whether I should keep it or change it.

If there are any suggestions to make this title better, then I'd really appreciate it.

The title is: 15 Spotify Songs to Play When Watching Stranger Things on Netflix

1. shon1121 profile image75
      shon1121posted 5 weeks ago in reply to this

I think your title is good, plenty good enough.  Just a thought... would you consider having that title as a sub-title and something shorter/catchier as the main title?

Chriswillman90posted 5 weeks ago in reply to this

That was my initial inquiry in that it seemed a bit too long and convoluted.

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
        Marisa Wrightposted 5 weeks ago in reply to this

One tip to remember - never write "catchy" titles online.   You're writing your title to attract Google searches.   People do not type "catchy" phrases into Google, they type the question they want answered.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image91
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 5 weeks ago in reply to this

https://coschedule.com/headline-analyzer

I use this free site all of the time to refine my titles. Works really well.  Personally, I have no clue as to what your topic is about.  I don't know what "spotify" is an I don't know what you mean by the term "stranger things".

Just sayin'

That's an interesting tool to use. I don't know how effective it is but I enjoyed seeing the analysis. Thank you

2. pen promulgates profile image79
    pen promulgatesposted 5 weeks ago

Sounds cool to me the way it is smile

Thank you I just hope it's not too long and wordy.

3. lobobrandon profile image84
    lobobrandonposted 5 weeks ago

Did you do some keyword research for this title? If not I would say that netflix is a term you can get rid of. Something like: 15 Spotify Songs When Watching Stranger Things.

I did not but that last part was what I initially thought was too much, so I'll trim it down.

Thank you for your help

1. lobobrandon profile image84
        lobobrandonposted 5 weeks ago in reply to this

You're welcome smile

4. Glenn Stok profile image94
    Glenn Stokposted 5 weeks ago

Try to think in terms of what someone would put into Google when searching for that subject. Leave out unnecessary words. Limit the entire title to 60 characters because Google will truncate beyond that.

Very good points, thanks for the advice. I find my titles either land or are completely off but it has gotten better. Still I appreciate the help from experienced writers.

working