jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)

Removing Unnecessary Links

1. Tammy Hesler profile image81
    Tammy Heslerposted 3 weeks ago

I was told to remove unnecessary links from my hub page https://hubpages.com/art/MAKE-CANDLES-THAT-MAKE-MONEY ; In order to have it moved to a specialty hub called Felt Magnet.  I have tried breaking the links, and also retyping the words.  The links keep coming back?

1. Will Apse profile image89
      Will Apseposted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

I can't see any author-added links on your page. Maybe you have succeeded already?

Tammy Heslerposted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

Thank you Will Apse..  The links I’m referring to are the ones that keep getting added in when I type are random word..  Is this something I cannot change?  I thought that is what they were referring to?

1. psycheskinner profile image81
          psycheskinnerposted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

That sounds like the effects of malware.  I suggest you run a good malware program, if you already have one try a different one.

Thank you psycheskinner

2. theraggededge profile image97
    theraggededgeposted 3 weeks ago

I can't see any links, but for future reference, highlight the anchor text and click on the icon on the edit toolbar that looks like a broken chain. If you just delete and retype, you won't be able to get rid of it easily.

Thank you theraggededge!The little links I am referring to show up on everything I put on the Internet.  The word turns blue with an underline. The first one I see on my page is the word adhesion?  So maybe this is just something that automatically happens??

1. theraggededge profile image97
        theraggededgeposted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

What do you mean by 'my page', Tammy?

1. theraggededge profile image97
          theraggededgeposted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

Oh, I get it, you mean your hub. Yes, I agree with Will, looks like you have some malware on your computer.

I recommend Malwarebytes, which is definitely legit: https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/

3. Will Apse profile image89
    Will Apseposted 3 weeks ago

Adhesion has no link when I view your page. I am wondering if you have a virus/malware/unwanted browser extension.

Something like this: https://malwaretips.com/blogs/underline … s-removal/

Hope that site is legit, lol.

Wonderful theraggededge and Will Apse !!!  Thank you for the answer..  I will look that up.  I was at a complete loss how I can see it that you guys could not.. That makes perfect sense

working