Followers

1. Rupert Taylor profile image97
    Rupert Taylorposted 2 weeks ago

I have a friend who wants to follow me. She'll be so disappointed, I never go anywhere. I've searched and the only questions related to followers seem to be "How do I get more followers?" Write good articles seems a good place to start.

Anyway, what are the technical steps she needs to take? Does she have to open an account? Burn some opossum fur and mutter obscure incantations? Advice will be appreciated but not rewarded financially.

2. NessMovieReviews profile image82
    NessMovieReviewsposted 2 weeks ago

Hahah, I had this same issue when I sent a few articles to a few friends and asked them to check out my new hobby.
    To follow, the need to be registered with HubPages but they can easily click through the steps by chosing to register with a Facebook login.
    I just tell them they dont need to write but they may get alerts if I write something new.
    I think its a shame there isnt a sub rego login for non writers as sometimes I think thats why we see articles from people who treat HubPages like twitter snd write something meaningless and short not knowinging its a dedicated writing page. Its all about the analytics of finding your article through google and traffic generated by your own publishing on pages you know will get people reading your stuff.
    I publish on my twitter account now and have had some luck gaining followers there lol but seemingly this page is not about followers unless you make friends with other hubbers and do the polite - you follow me - I follow you however even then this does not seem to be a common curtesy 100% of the time which is a shame because even though senior hubbers say its not important it feels nice to have followers, I try and follow ppl as I think its a good ego boost and I also send fan mail from time to time to support new hubbers that can string sentences together (even though Im new myself)
    Im not into the smell of burning hair, but I like cupcakes, if you can bake, Ill take one with pink frosting please.

working