jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

More Characters for Quiz Questions?

1. eugbug profile image97
    eugbugposted 6 weeks ago

Could the number of characters be increased so that we could set problems on hubs?

1. Jeremy Gill profile image87
      Jeremy Gillposted 6 weeks agoin reply to this

That would definitely be nice. I also recall the text from the details of a quiz result being cut off in practice but not when typing it. In other words, you'd think all your text fit, but if you actually tested the quiz, you'd see it was actually unceremoniously spliced.

Admittedly, it has been a bit since I've used a quiz, so it's possible things are different now. And no one wants to see a novel in a quiz capsule, so the limitations may be intended to keep us brief.

eugbugposted 6 weeks agoin reply to this

It seems to be set at 120 characters which seems like a lot, but it can be an effort condensing a question into that length. Even about 30 or 40 more characters would be useful.

2. Will Apse profile image90
    Will Apseposted 6 weeks ago

Would you like the long answer, the short answer, or the kind of middling answer that will make no one happy? Still short of 120 characters hereā€¦

How can 120 characters be too few for a question? lol.

eugbugposted 6 weeks agoin reply to this

For technical exam type questions, it can be a little short Will. It can take a few sentences to explain everything and add parameters and cramming it all into 120 characters isn't always easy. It's not what the quiz was intended for though I suppose.

working