jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Links for articles after title changes

1. NessMovieReviews profile image84
    NessMovieReviewsposted 3 weeks ago

When the title to an article is changed, how can you fix the link address so that it matches?
    For e.g. If HP snips a title, the adress in the stays the same.. so if it was 2 Dogs That Barked snipped to Dogs Barking the address would still read http//::2DogsThatBarked
    Do you need to email HP?

1. Glenn Stok profile image94
      Glenn Stokposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

You cannot change the URL address. That's why it's important to make the address more general, so it still fits well with future title changes.

When you first create a new hub, the very first field (above the title field) is where you can override the URL. But that's your only chance to change it. Once you pass that point, the URL is permanently fixed. 

I discuss this in detail in my hub about "12 Overlooked Writing Techniques for Successful Hubs." You can find it from my profile.

2. NessMovieReviews profile image84

I might delete it then and resubmit. Thanks for answering.

1. Glenn Stok profile image94
      Glenn Stokposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

If it's an old hub you shouldn't delete it. You'll be starting all over again waiting for Google to rank it. But if you must, first make sure no one plagiarized it. Otherwise you will lose your rights to it and will not be able to republish it. It will be flagged as a duplicate since the stolen copy will be the first. So consider that if you really want to delete it.

3. NessMovieReviews profile image84

Hmmm, I am fairly certain it's not been copied however it was an older article and the URL doesn't even remotely match the title of the article. I had actually had an idea for a story and instead of deleting the idea, simply used the hub to do a new story. I didn't realize back when I started that the hub didn't change along with the URL (rookie error.)
    I have just copied everything over and it says that the hub will remain with the option to 'undelete' for 24 hours so I will wait for the nominated time before resubmitting the story so hopefully it wont be classified as plagarizing myself lol.
    Ugh so complicated until you learn these little things.

working