jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Am I a failure because I didn't go to college?

1. Ivan Hernandez profile image92
    Ivan Hernandezposted 8 weeks ago

So, I had a talk with my therapist. Apparently, Everybody supported me when I went to college and ITT Tech. Now, I'm a permanent failure. So, this begs the question? Am I a failure because I didn't go to college?

1. sallybea profile image99
      sallybeaposted 8 weeks agoin reply to this

It’s in the past, draw a line and move forward in a positive way.  Look to the future.  Life is so very short.  You could be writing your own personal funny book about living with Autism.  Have you ever read a book called Look me in the Eye by John Elder Robison?  You are if you think about it, uniquely placed to write your own best seller if you want to.

1. Kylyssa profile image98
        Kylyssaposted 7 weeks agoin reply to this

Autism doesn't actually automatically come with the talent and luck required to write a best seller like John Elder Robison any more than ALS automatically comes with the raw genius and talent to educate laymen in the realm of astrophysics like Stephen Hawking can. By placing the credit on a person's disability you take credit from the human being. They, the human beings, did amazing things, their disabilities just made it harder.

1. Ivan Hernandez profile image92
          Ivan Hernandezposted 7 weeks agoin reply to this

Yeah, just look at Stephen Hawking. He had Autism and ALS. Look at Albert Einstein. He was Autistic. He didnt do well in school, yet he discovered the existence of black holes and made the general theory of relativity.

2. peachpurple profile image82
      peachpurpleposted 7 weeks agoin reply to this

It is never too late to go to college now

2. Kathleen Cochran profile image84
    Kathleen Cochranposted 7 weeks ago

Most of the hugely successful people in our world have failed more often than they succeeded.  You're not done yet.

working