Article Promotion

1. cjnileski profile image81
    cjnileskiposted 7 weeks ago

New to this, trying my best to keep up and learn the best ways to do things.  Is there a good or better way to promote or drive people here to read my Hubs or others?  I enjoy writing, which is the main reason why I'm here.  Wouldn't mind making some extra money along the way doing something I enjoy.
    Any suggestions?

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image100
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 7 weeks agoin reply to this

Your goal should be to write hubs that are good enough to be moved up to the niche sites because that is where you'll attract the most traffic and money.

As Marisa said, in order to do this you need to write articles that are well put together and search friendly.  This is no small task and it takes time to learn how to to it.

Take some time and look at a few articles other writers have posted to get a feel for what works.  Those on the niche sites will give you the best guidelines.

You have to try to figure out what it is that people are likely to search for and then choose those topics with which you have knowledge.  This lends credibility to your work and also helps you to beat the competition.

2. Marisa Wright profile image99
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 weeks ago

As I posted on the other thread, the first thing  you need to do is get your Hubs Featured. 

I'm still annoyed at HubPages for choosing such silly jargon for that classification.  People seem to think being Featured is some kind of accolade, but it isn't.  A Featured Hub is just an ordinary Hub.  If your Hub is Unfeatured, it's a bad thing.  It means that either your Hub's been judged not good enough, or it was getting very little traffic.  In those cases, HubPages classifies it as Unfeatured, and hides it.  No one can see it, unless you send them a link, so it's not going to earn money.

So, before you even think about promoting your articles, you need to get them visible again.  I have a Hub about what to do with Unfeatured Hubs, too. It's a long read but it explains how it all works. 

If you can improve your Hubs and get them on to the niche sites, you don't really need to do a lot of promotion.

working