jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

What percent of an order is registered as earnings distribution?

1. jackclee lm profile image82
    jackclee lmposted 3 weeks ago

This is a basic earnings question. If someone bought a product that was recommended by my hub on Amazon,  what percent of the cost is given to me and what percent is going to HubPages? Is this percentage the same for all products? Who determines this percentage? Amazon? Or seller?
    Thanks.

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

The earnings are not split by percentage. You get 60% of impressions and HubPages gets 40%, randomized. If you make a sale during your share of the impressions, you get 100% of the commission. If you make a sale during HubPages' share of impressions, HubPages gets 100% of the commission. Does that make sense?

1. jackclee lm profile image82
        jackclee lmposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

That is good to know. I guess my question relates to the commissions. What is the typical commission rate? and who determine that rate? is it the seller of the product or Amazon?
        On my own Amazon earnings detail report, I see some percent as high as 8% and as low as 3%... Just curious...

1. theraggededge profile image99
          theraggededgeposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

If you go to the Amazon Sales Report tab on your earnings page, it will tell you. Usually the seller sets the rate I believe. If the article is sold by Amazon, it is a standard rate for its category.

working