jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

Do you like the way my article is set up?

1. sarahspradlin profile image90
    sarahspradlinposted 3 weeks ago

"Birthday Party Ideas For Girls"
    https://hubpages.com/holidays/Creative- … Girls?done
    It's mostly just pictures but I give credit for every single picture.
    Can you let me know what you think?

1. NateB11 profile image95
      NateB11posted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

I like it, the images are awesome and the article has an interactive quality, plus these ideas I think will be popular and sought after, people want to use this kind of info quite a bit I'd think. The images would be good for Pinterest too. The word count might be kind of low, which I personally think is fine, but there could be a problem with passing QAP because of it. Not sure. I've seen articles here with plenty of images and a fairly low word count so might be okay. Probably substance and content is the main factor, not just word count when it comes to QAP.

2. theraggededge profile image99
      theraggededgeposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

Okay, well you know you have to have permission before reproducing copyright images, don't you? You can't just lift images off the internet and credit them. That's not legal use unfortunately.

Images must be one of the following:

Paid for from an image stock site
      Creative Commons licensed *for commercial use*.
      In the Public Domain and clearly labelled as such.
      Your own.

You must understand that images belong to their owners and those owners have every right to serve you with a notice of payment due for unauthorised use. It's often in the thousands.

https://www.contentfac.com/copyright-in … are-scary/

One or two of yours are also pixelated/poor quality which will prevent the hub being accepted for a niche site and may even cause it to be unfeatured. One or two are watermarked, which clearly indicates they are copyright and is forbidden by HP.

The 'clicktobuy' links to Etsy will also cause a red flag. Remember you can only have two outgoing links to the same domain unless it has been whitelisted.

Read this carefully: https://hubpageshelp.com/content/Learni … -image-use

Thousands, wow. A bit much. Didn't know photographers were into price gouging. Of course, I'm sure it's not usually the photographers but probably whatever powerful company actually owns the picture. Ludicrous.

Getty Images vs a young woman in Arkansas writing articles about how people can find fun things to do for their kids hardly seems like a fair fight. But that is the kind of thing Getty Images does. https://petapixel.com/2016/07/27/photog … 1-billion/

2. psycheskinner profile image84
          psycheskinnerposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

The photographers charge whatever is their going rate.  if you happen to lift photos from a high-paid photographers, that's just how it go.  No more 'gouging' than any other profession. It is about being "fair"
          to the person who did the work and wants to get paid for it. (Yes, I am a stock photographer and I would charge someone who lifted my work).

2. sarahspradlin profile image90
    sarahspradlinposted 3 weeks ago

My article was approved by Hubpages last night but I'm going to delete it because of your concerns. I thought as long as I linked where I got it,  it would be fine.

1. melbel profile image99
      melbelposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

No, unfortunately, that is not that case. You do not need to delete the whole article. We can help you find free-to-use images if you like.

We're pleased as punch to have you here. Photographers, just like writers, all just want to get paid for their work. However, there are photographers that allow you to use their work for free as long as you credit them.

There are also websites that allow you to make your own graphics and you can do a bang-up job (canva.com) is one of them.

I really hope you stick around. I really like seeing new members who really put their all into their work. I think most/all of us have run into a snafu at one time or another.

working