jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

My own articles are duplicate

1. Techs and Specs profile image51
    Techs and Specsposted 7 weeks ago

I had an account before which I deleted with its articles, all the article were featured for a long time. After a week I moved the same articles to my new account and now they are said to be duplicate. Bigger problem is I have 2 notice on duplicate content on my article which were first featured.

Also, due to 2 duplicate content notices, I m afraid that my account could be banned. What should I do. How many times can hubs pages allow duplicate content before they ban my account. In my case this were first featured hubs for a extended period. Is there any solution. I have checked with multiple softwares but there were no signs of plagiarism. Plz be helpful (the article needs edits but there is no red duplicate written)

2. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 7 weeks ago

If you aren't banned now you aren't going to be banned for it.  Generally being banned takes quite a lot here.

I suggest that you unpublish the duplicates until the old copies no long show up in Google searches.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image100
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 7 weeks agoin reply to this

+1

3. kymp profile image91
    kympposted 7 weeks ago

I would like to know the answer to this question as well. I am facing the same issues.

1. Marisa Wright profile image99
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 weeks agoin reply to this

If you have an article that's already published somewhere else, you need to delete it from its old location and WAIT for a week or so before republishing it.  That's all.

Although it should be noted that if it was previously published on HubPages, then there's a pretty good chance it's been copied by someone else somewhere on the internet, so you need to check that too, before deleting the original.

Bottom line - there is NO benefit, and possibly a lot of downside, in deleting existing Featured Hubs and moving them to a new account.  It's best to just leave them where they are.

working