jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Thumbnails Beside Results in Google Search

1. eugbug profile image99
    eugbugposted 5 weeks ago

I noticed this today when I entered the URL of a Hub and did a search. I tried it with several hub URLs, but only one of them produced the thumbnail and other search results had adjacent thumbnails also. I know YouTube results show up with a thumbnail, but is this something new that Google is working on?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13768890_f520.jpg

2. anusha15 profile image88
    anusha15posted 5 weeks ago

A quick search showed that they are indeed testing a Mobile Search Interface which showed thumbnails. Google apparently has done this earlier in December of 2014, and now they are trying again. The screenshot you've attached, is it from a desktop or mobile device?
    I couldn't replicate it, the only search results with thumbnails I see on my desktop, were those from Google plus.
    Articles rich in media content would definitely benefit from this new feature once it is fully functional.

eugbugposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

It's from a notebook Anusha.
      I tried searching on a tablet using both Firefox and Chrome, but neither produced the thumbnails.
      I also tried searching on my notebook again this evening, and now the thumbnails no longer appear.

3. tritrain profile image82
    tritrainposted 5 weeks ago

Were you logged into Google either time?  Or using the same browser?  Just curious.

eugbugposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

Yes, logged in and using the same browser, Firefox on a notebook.

working