jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Seasonal Nature of DenGarden Affecting Ranking

1. eugbug profile image99
    eugbugposted 2 weeks ago

Does the seasonal nature of gardening articles on DenGarden and drop in traffic to the site towards autumn affect the ranking of other articles in the Home Improvement, Cleaning and Home Appliance categories?

1. wilderness profile image99
      wildernessposted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

I have over 50 hubs on DenGarden, none on gardening.  I've not seen a drop in views - if anything fall does better for me.

2. Will Apse profile image93
    Will Apseposted 2 weeks ago

I've had some minor ups and downs on gardening stuff but nothing major. Owlcation seems to be suffering at the moment, for whatever reason, or maybe it is the kinds of page I write there.

1. lobobrandon profile image92
      lobobrandonposted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

Rankings did drop a bit on Owlcation.

3. paperfacets profile image92
    paperfacetsposted 2 weeks ago

I expected to see some drop in my gardening Hubs, but that is not the case, yet. I do focus on the West Coast and the Fall is an opportune time to do landscaping and cool weather veggies. All the newspapers and gardening stores talk fall planting up big here.
    I always see a jump in visits in the Spring, though.

As far as affecting other titles in Dengarden, Fall/Winter might. That depends on how much readers look at HPs Menu, other titles and search pages for the site. We don't get stats on that. Can we see how any of the niches are doing?

We can only see what are own Hub is doing.

Are you referring to traffic similar to Behavior Flow in Google Analytics? I have always wondered how well cross reading, or linking of articles did in the niches.

1. eugbug profile image99
      eugbugposted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

It's just that quite a few evergreen articles which have fairly high, non-seasonal traffic (which was actually growing) have lost a lot of traffic over the last couple of months, about 33%.
      I wonder is the ranking of sites on Alexa any way representative of the truth?

1. paperfacets profile image92
        paperfacetsposted 13 days agoin reply to this

I have to explore Alexa, that you referred to here. Not aware. Thanks.

4. Solaras profile image99
    Solarasposted 2 weeks ago

Pethelpful has been off too, about 10-15% in pageviews for over a month. However CPM is making a comeback this last week.  I wonder if the backlinking thing they were going to experiment with has be implemented yet.

working