jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

How can I improve this article?

1. poppyr profile image99
    poppyrposted 3 weeks ago

Hi everyone! I was hoping this would be moved to a niche site, but it wasn’t. If you could let me know how I could do to improve “Top 10 Deaths in the “Saw” Franchise”, I’d be really grateful. Thank you in advance!

(Some of the videos are quite violent so best not click it if you dislike horror.)

https://hubpages.com/entertainment/Top- … -Franchise

1. theraggededge profile image100
      theraggededgeposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

Not sure, Poppy. Perhaps make the formatting a little more lively? The content looks fine (I only skimmed it - the topic isn't my cup of tea) but the layout is bland. Add in a couple of call-outs, a poll? Try to slide in some bullet points?

poppyrposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

Thank you, theraggededge! I'll add a poll.

2. Marisa Wright profile image98
    Marisa Wrightposted 3 weeks ago

I'm perplexed, too.  I can't see anything wrong with the article, other than the first image possibly being illegal (do you have Vulture's permission to use it?). 

I'm just wondering if the very gruesome subject matter was judged unsuitable for the niche site?  They are extra careful about complying with Adsense rules on the niche sites and maybe it's too violent.

Thank you, Marisa. That might be it for sure. I'll see about changing the image for sure as I didn't ask to use the picture.

3. Marisa Wright profile image98
    Marisa Wrightposted 3 weeks ago

Actually, I mentioned it,  but I think it's unlikely that's the reason.  I always worry about "illegal" photos because, although it's rare for bloggers to get prosecuted, when they do the penalties are horrendous.  But I find HubPages is quite slack about images.

Interesting... it just got moved to ReelRundown! Haha.

Thank you both for your help!

1. Marisa Wright profile image98
        Marisa Wrightposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

Well, there you go.  We couldn't find anything wrong with it because there wasn't anything wrong with it!

I always advise waiting for three or four weeks before concluding that a Hub hasn't made the cut.   Each niche site has its own editor, and some are busier than others.  Some of the niche sites have quite a backlog.

You're exactly right. I was being impatient! It's sometimes strange to see some articles being moved within a day or two and others taking a few weeks. Thanks again for your help (:

working