jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Traffic Drops on Monday?

1. Kain 360 profile image97
    Kain 360posted 5 months ago

I came back to HubPages earlier this year.I wrote on another account years ago as well. I think many of the changes has made HubPages better. 2011 HP was much different. There were no niche sites and hub moderation was bad. I seen a lot of 300 word hubs with bad spelling, capitalization, grammar etc.

I often get paranoid and anxious when my traffic takes a dive. I don't have a ton of data yet, but it seems to go down on Mondays. I am unsure if it's related to the day of the week or something else.

Do traffic drops usually occur on Mondays with any niche? Mine are down 1200 impressions from weekend.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image97
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 5 months agoin reply to this

Views vary from post to post and from topic to topic.  Also, external events often play a part...this is, after all, the Monday right before Thanksgiving!  People are busy and already are starting their Christmas shopping.  Not much time for reading hubs for many.

1. paradigmsearch profile image90
        paradigmsearchposted 5 months agoin reply to this

Agreed. In fact, I do believe my particular topic smatterings (both here and website) are doomed for the remainder of the year. Oh, well. At least I know it's coming, so I won't be traumatized by it. big_smile

2. ILoveLegosToo profile image79
    ILoveLegosTooposted 5 months ago

Yes.  Many things impact the number of views each day: the topic, the time of year, holidays, disasters, sporting events, etc.  That is where Google Analytics can help show the trend over time.  I know my traffic typically dips on the weekend and then peaks on Monday / Tuesday.  Everyone's is different and once you know your trend, the daily ups and downs become inconsequential.

3. brianrock profile image88
    brianrockposted 4 months ago

It depends on your niche. But it's perfectly conceivable that traffic could build as you get closer to the weekend for certain niches, and then when people go back to work on Monday they stop searching for it. As a hypothetical example, I would think that articles about weekend leisure activities (i.e. going out, eating out, things to do on the weekend) would be less popular on Monday when people are back at work.

Outside of HubPages, I write a blog/website about civics education and this includes a lot of resources and things for teachers. I notice that traffic picks up on Monday and through the week, and then it drops on Saturday and Sunday. That makes sense, since teachers are more likely to be searching for work related stuff during the work week than on the weekend.

working